hf1

No tumble drier, crunchy nappies...try this....

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: No tumble drier, crunchy nappies...try this....

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 am

helenNt wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote:We're debating just getting a cheap second hand dryer tbh, as we're gonna have a utility room once we move (Hurrah! lol)

dawnsmummy wrote:OH's parents went the other week to measure up etc and apparently there's a dishwasher in there already :shock: Wish they'd left the cooker (It's a space for a big 6 ring cooker, not going to be cheap :roll: ) :giggle:

Wow your new place sounds like it is going to be a really good move for you. So happy for you

Thanks hun :) I wish my parents were half as happy for me as you girls are :roll: But that's for another thread :giggle:

THanks for the tips about the washer/dryers though!

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:11 pm

If any one wants those spikey jml drier balls ffp pm me....I don't like the drums going on in my kitchen! But good idea ladies (am lucky to have a tumble to fluff up nappies :wink: )

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:43 pm

we haven't got room for a seperate dryer so it's a combined one or none :-(

my parents bought one recently and it seems really good, it's rated high on efficiency.

Stacey, hadn't thought about trying them dry - will give that a go :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:52 pm

My sil has a washer dryer and she hates it purely from the fact that if you have a load in drying you can be doing washing :wink: and also you have to sort through everything when washed to reduce the weight for the dryer cycle.

Shadow pointed out as well that the spin cycle is the most expensive part of the wash so if on a budget you might want to bear that in mind when spin fluffing x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:01 pm

oh i'm so glad i own a tumble dryer! i got a 7kg one so can hold a full nappy load. think it's tosh about using one wearing out nappies, none of mine are wrecked, just as soft as the day they were bought :-? but then i plan on using cloth just for my 2 boys, not 7 or 8 kids, surely no matter what though they wear out over time....

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:15 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:
Miss_Purple wrote:It does make me tempted to buy a washer/dryer when I replace my machine shortly, so that even if I don't use the heat in the dryer I can use the agitating motion to soften them. I've never wanted a tumble dryer before, but I have to be honest after seeing how much softer my nappies were last week with just 20mins at low heat I am very tempted now :oops:

I've told OH that i want a washer/dryer when we get a new one. just for the fact that we'll be able to bang things in there if the weather is pants and we really need something dried!

And am I thinking wrongly? I thought you were to put them in on a spin once they were dry? :oops:

No your not wrong. I dried the nappies on the line and then span them in the washer dry.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat