hf1

friend interested in cloth -having triplets!

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

friend interested in cloth -having triplets!

Postby e586 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:47 pm

A girl I grew up with (but haven't really seen in 10yrs since I moved over here) is expecting triplets. First babies, and they found out last week they're all boys!!!

She's done a baby registry (cause that's what you do in America and everyone throws you baby showers and buys you stuff) and put 3 x 2packs of BG's (blue and green) and some prefolds/wraps on it. Now I haven't talked to her, so don't know how serious she is about using cloth, but wondered if I should try and collect up some preloved teeny bits for her, as I seriously doubt a BG v3 will fit a newborn teeny triplet! I'm flying over next week, so collecting would have to be quick! But what would be good to get if she is interested? Ease of use is a big factor, as they'll have lots of help in the early days from their parents, who won't have used nappies since terry squares :)

Would love very much to get her 3 custom WN with 1,2,3 on them, but not sure funds will stretch that far!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: friend interested in cloth -having triplets!

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:59 pm

I don't think BTP fit many newborns let alone teeny triplets! Would be a shame if she gave up because she thought they don't fit right/are too bulky/leak because of the bad fit.

Swaddlebees Newborn Organic Cotton Velour would be lovely & fit from really tiny, plus they have the popper down bit for the cord.
Muttaquin Newborn are also supercute, I think Kingdom of Fluff has some atm?
Just checked & they have 4 boyish ones :D http://www.kingdomfluff.co.uk/muttaqin-c-41.php
They do the swaddlebees too!

I think there are a few cute newborn ones on classifieds atm too

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:14 pm

BG XS AIO are fab, so easy, velcro close and no pocket to stuff, think they're about £10 each new, they are about £5 preloved but don't come up very often. They have a lot of them in america on ebay.com, maybe you could buy some there and get them posted straight to them?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Bambeasies XS are so super cute - teamed with Weenotions XS wraps...

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 am

Diddy diapers were some of my favourite teeny nappies. Really easy to use and cheap too. My two didn't even start fitting into x-small nappies until they were 3 months old so I really doubt that one sized nappies will fit at all for a year or so.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:57 am

i had some bg v3's... on my whopping 9lb 4oz girl they didn't fit well until she was about a month old. no chance on teeny triplets!

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:15 am

I also loved the didy daipers too, Penny didn't fit much as a newborn except those and the 3 bimbles that I bought from ebay, I got them for £10. I think they come up a fair bit on there, I used a tots bots size 0 wrap or some bambino mio wraps that a friend gave me. HTH

My avatar
mumface
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mumface » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Rumparooz go down really tiny, and have cute boy prints.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:17 am

Size 0 bimbles, XS sandies and kissaluvs are all teeny nappies that might fit preemies. A nice wrap or some cute woollies to go with them would be nice too :D

and triplets!! :wine:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat