hf1

I think it is over *UPDATE p2*

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

I think it is over *UPDATE p2*

Postby charliesam » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:21 pm

We have been on holiday to italy for 2 weeks (which was fab :mrgreen: ) but due to luggage restrictions and being in a caravan i used pull-ups on sam :oops: But during the day he was pretty much just in swimming trunks and using the loo (a few accidents but it didn't really matter), now we are home he refuses to put cloth on and just wants "bob pants aka pampers pull-ups or car pants aka huggies pull-ups) if i try a cloth nappy he complain "nappy big" and takes it off :roll: :roll: and he can undo poppers and underneath vests :x :x :x

I don't know wether to give up we are nearly PT anyway and sell my lovely stash :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: or wait a bit and try again -maybe just night nappies :-? Upto now he has hardly ever had a sposie on- even holidays i have taken cloth and i am beginning to wish i had paid the extra money for an extra suitcase and used it this time :crossbaby: :crossbaby:
Last edited by charliesam on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: I think it is over

Postby tanya » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:32 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: Poor you. I know how it feels as Bella is in pull-ups during the day too. Luckily she will still accept a cloth night nappy. I don't think any sposie could cope with the amount she wets.

I'm selling all the girly day nappies we have and keeping the GN ones for Jake. Just sunning the ones we have to clean them up as much as possible.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:35 pm

:hug: tough one - could you maybe get some car cloth pull-ups or something like that, which will be thinner than normal nappies but still be cloth? It's harder when they can express a preference I guess, as it depends on whether it's worth the arguments and hassle for the sake of a few months.

I'd be inclined to go with the easy option if you think he's about ready to potty train anyway, to be honest :oops:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:39 am

Awww! I would be a bit upset too, especially if I felt like it had snuck up on me when I wasn't planning on it :oops: ... although that said, I am holding out on pushing it in hopes of the miraculous "she PL'd in one day when she decided she was ready" dream, which will be a bit abrupt if and when it finally comes! I'm planning on keeping a large selection of nappies for nights, but Lili's practically dry at night already, just has a huge wee at some point after she gets up in the morning.

I'd probably keep some nappies for nights (day nappies as well as NNs, if he only needs them "just in case" he might accept them better as they're slimmer?), if you end up not using them you can always sell them later :wink:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:06 am

Hmmmmm... If I was you I'd try to pt him & see how he get's on. I'm too tight to keep buying sposies if I don't *have* too :oops: :giggle: If he's not ready then could you make his cloth seem really exciting & fun so he wants to wear it again? If all else fails then I'm with Danika & I'd stick with the easy option... There are enough battles with toddlers so pick them carefully I say :wink: :wink: :hohoho:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:23 am

:hug: :hug: it hard one just do what right for you :hug: :hug:

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm trying to PT Hayden but he keeps yelling for a "bum bum" ( a nappy :roll: )

If I were in the same situation then it would be cloth or nothing, if you haven't got any sposies about then no amount of fuss would make them appear! Then he'd either PT or have to go back to cloth...

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Oh Sarah, don't say that Teddy isn't that much younger than Sam :( I've only just gotten over Will and Lottie pting. :cry:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:04 pm

I've always thought that if Lily gets to the point where she turns round and wants the cloth nappies gone I'd do it, it's one thing me loving them but another if she really doesn't although I dont see why she wouldnt, they seem so much more comfy compared to nature babycare sposies which make me actually laugh as it's paper...paper and plastic, surely it's weird to disposable users isnt it, paper on the bum..i dont know.
I'd go with your lo hun x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat