hf1

Help me! Newbie hopelessly confused!

My avatar
diggers
Clothie
Clothie

Help me! Newbie hopelessly confused!

Postby diggers » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:19 pm

So I've been browsing this forum for a few days now , but i'm still very confused and would love love love some advice.

My wee boy is 17 months now. We've been using cloth nappies with him since he was 3 months and it's been working out brilliantly. However most of his nappies are now getting too small or are getting a bit old looking, or have just been died pink by his dad washing a red shirt in with them. So he needs new ones.

I don't really want to buy full price. I only paid 15 pounds for the ones I've been using, and the majority of them were given to me free from friends. We've got a rag taggle collection of tots bots (he's just starting to grow out of size 2) and little lambs shaped nappies and wraps with nappy nippas. We've also got some kushi all in one ones that I've liked, but they've just been died pink and the outsides are cracking.I've also been using tots bots fluffles for night time with bamboo inserts.

I'm quite interested in ones like Itti Bitti Delish and Bum Genius. I quite like the look of wool covers too. I don't know where to start though! How do I know what size he is? He's a slim baby, on the 9th centile, alot of his 12 month clothes still fit.

How do I know what to buy? Do the Itti Bitti Delish need wraps? If I buy wool soakers can I only put them over the tots bots style type ones I've already been using?

The wee boy doesn't poo in his nappies atall, poos on the toilet and does many of his wees there too. Gets through about 5 nappies a day. Not a heavy wetter I don't think. I've never had a leak ever. I don't want to spend alot of money, but would like about 15 new nappies, and am quite into getting some lovely colours and patterns if I can. But what on earth am I looking for?

thank you people, you are very kind in advance to read this ramble. Even kinder if you respond with any advice! xx

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Help me! Newbie hopelessly confused!

Postby lazylexis » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:49 pm

Wool you can use over tots bots or little lambs,basically any nappy that needs a waterproof cover.
Itti bitti dlish snap in ones don't need a cover but sometimes are a poor fit on skinny babies.
Ds is 15 months and still fits in 9 to 12m trousers from tesco and sainsburys.
I would say you have lots of options partic if you've not got a heavy wetter.
We use
Pockets which don't need a wrap- bumgenius v3 and greenkids
Fitteds that need a wrap- dunk nfluff large,fluff and stuff large,
Why don't you have a look or post a wanted post in the classified section?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:54 pm

if he's still quite ickle i'd go for mediums, large dunk n fluff drown my 14 month old, he's average for weight but a little short. we get on very well with medium obv dunk n fluff on him. we're finding pocket nappies quite good atm, when previously we used only fitted nappies and wool, still have these but we like pockets and all in ones too. itti's are very v cute but can be prone to leaking i find personally, mine are mainly used at home when he's playing in a t shirt and a nappy i don't trust them under clothing very often, having some decent thighs helps there though.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Hmm, I would go for mediums too as he is still little. Wool you can use over any nappy that needs a wrap. I use wool 90% of the time. I use Dunk n fluff and little lambs underneath. I like Wee notions northern lights too.
Pockets I like are bumgenius and Wee notions http://www.weenotions.co.uk/ I like Itti bittis but my boy is'nt a heavy wetter, they are'nt good on skinny ones though. Ittis don't need a wrap. I would look in the classifieds, they are a great way of trying out a certain nappy with out spending too much money :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat