Pros and Cons of certain nappies

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Pros and Cons of certain nappies

Postby happytails » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:45 am

Right, for those that use the following (or have used):

Puddlekins OS night nappy - How was the fit of the OS at night? Do the poppers go against the skin? does it bother you or your LO if they do? What age/weight did this fit from?

Totsbots Teeny fit - How does this compare bulk wise to say a WNSS or a WNNL and wool? Is it as absorbent as a WNNL?

Itti Bitti Boo (fitted version) - How does this fit, is it similar to other Ittis? Also, how absorbent is it compared to other fitteds?

Wild child night nappy - Can you compare absorbency to a LLS HW, Puddlekins L NN, HO size 2 and how big is it in comparison to these?

WNSS small pocket - Which inserts do you find fits these nicely? Does the Petit Dessous small fit?

Thanks everyone :D

Sarah x

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Pros and Cons of certain nappies

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Have used the teenyfit on my godson, they are very slim, just like mini easyfits. I think they are absorbant, and the gussets are good at containing newborn poo! Haven't tried a WNNL so can't offer a comparison, but I know they compare very favourably to my fluffles (what we used when my daughter was that age) as they are bamboo. Compared to the WNSS I have used, it is much slimmer.

No issue with longer drying time either as the booster pulls out of the pocket.

My friend stuffed the pockets with muslins and prefolds for night times when he was sleeping up to 7 hours, and said there were no issues (bit bulkier, but at night that wasn't much of an issue).

xxx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 pm

I would say that the wildchild night nappy has similar absorbancy to the Puddlekins. The puddlekins is a lot trimmer though.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:37 pm

go look on ebay sarah, teenyfits are on there in brights. I think you'd love them! U know i use teenyfits, they're almost sposie like to me. But if ur gonna get them, get them from birth. I waited 8 weeks to buy mine and regretted it. You can't tell he's in cloth, same with taliesin in easyfits. I love them. Already own too many!x

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 pm

I can only answer one of these at the moment (although hopefully the Bitti Boo one soon too :D )

... I don't think the PD insert will fit well into a small WNSS - I actually find it slightly too wide for the medium. I think I used a BG newborn insert in ours :wink:

happytails wrote:Right, for those that use the following (or have used):

Puddlekins OS night nappy - How was the fit of the OS at night? Do the poppers go against the skin? does it bother you or your LO if they do? What age/weight did this fit from?

Totsbots Teeny fit - How does this compare bulk wise to say a WNSS or a WNNL and wool? Is it as absorbent as a WNNL?

Itti Bitti Boo (fitted version) - How does this fit, is it similar to other Ittis? Also, how absorbent is it compared to other fitteds?

Wild child night nappy - Can you compare absorbency to a LLS HW, Puddlekins L NN, HO size 2 and how big is it in comparison to these?

WNSS small pocket - Which inserts do you find fits these nicely? Does the Petit Dessous small fit?

Thanks everyone :D

Sarah x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:41 pm

forgot to mention in my babble that i'd say a teenyfit is trimmer than a wnnl and wool. Oakley had a big bum with a dunk n fluff small and an interlock soaker.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat