hf1

Best Pretty nappy

My avatar
charlies-star
Clothie
Clothie

Best Pretty nappy

Postby charlies-star » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:05 pm

I have been tasked with buying one lovely nappy for a friend who is very into washables. I want something that is lovely to look at but also does the job. Any ideas???????? (I'm in the UK)

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Best Pretty nappy

Postby LilMrsAverage » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:08 pm

have a look at the weenotions site x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:10 pm

LilMrsAverage wrote:have a look at the weenotions site x

WSS or Ems at Puddlekins, embroidery is a must for pretties x

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:11 pm

i would say Weenotions or look at any WAHMs (work at home mums)
Last edited by Velvetsteph on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for abbreviations ;)

My avatar
charlies-star
Clothie
Clothie

Postby charlies-star » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Thank you. But being a bit slow on the uptake with a 6 month old crawling over me(!) - what are WHAMS and WSS?

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:31 pm

WAHM's are work at home mums who make the nappies like the ladies at weenotions, or Ems at puddlekins, Beth and Amber at Luscious Little Something

WSS is what she said x

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:21 pm

WNs are lovely and are totally customisable, but can be a tad confusing for new-comers. They do offer gift packs (about £17), which include a cloth nappy guide and FAQ etc and some washable wipes. As an example, here is the sort of thing they do:
http://www.weenotions.co.uk

A more mass produced nappy (so an easier job for you! as you won't have to choose fabrics etc.), that is still gorgeous and really does the job would be the patterned Tots Bots Easyfits (£17) and they do a newborn Teenyfit(£12) in the same patterns:
http://www.totsbots.co.uk

Is it for a newborn? Do you know if she wants to use an all in one nappy (which has an inbuilt waterproof layer) or fitted nappies, which would need a seperate wrap?

Once you've determined that, there are different fabric choices, depending on her main priorities (absorbancy, drying time and cost).

My priority is cuteness!

My avatar
breyah
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby breyah » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:47 am

If you want something in the more mass produced line, but also not seen very often, Weehuggers are amazingly cute, and brand new over here in the UK, they are really easy to use, and so far have contained even Henry's more explosive poo's!
This is Henry in his, I'm not sure if you can see it on here, but the hook and loop is shaped like mittens!
They have lots of pictures of the nappies and available prints at http://www.flickr.com/photos/weehuggers/

Easyfits are also really good, and seem very popular, and the new patterns are adorable.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:19 am

For stunning pockets, have a look at Tirsokas. They are gorgeous!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat