hf1

What is a heavy wetter and what makes a heavy wetter?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What is a heavy wetter and what makes a heavy wetter?

Postby northernruth » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:28 pm

I classed Martha as a heavy wetter towards the end of her nappy use, but for completely different reasons, in that she had bladder control and so would flood a nappy. She's not particularly a big drinker and up till then we didn't really have any issues, it was just the sheer volume produced all at one go that caused the leakage issues.

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:32 pm

I do class Evie as a heavy wetter. I put her in bedbugs during the day for her nap with an insert folded over and we can just get 3 hours out of it. I do think it's all relative though and definately a direct outcome of how much they guzzle. Evie still has at least 5 bf's a day and a couple through the night so the output is a lot. However, when she is at nursery one morning a week I have had dry nappies come back in her wetbag as she hasn't had milk from me and probably drank very little else, as she tensd to turn her nose up to juice and only drinks sips of water. So for one morning a week my heavy wetter becomes a very light wetter :giggle:

northernruth wrote:I classed Martha as a heavy wetter towards the end of her nappy use, but for completely different reasons, in that she had bladder control and so would flood a nappy. She's not particularly a big drinker and up till then we didn't really have any issues, it was just the sheer volume produced all at one go that caused the leakage issues.

Also WSS :wink:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:41 pm

I would class Annabel as a moderate to light wetter - in the early days she pooed after every bf so never gave any nappy a proper test - sometimes I would change her as often as 16 times a day! When she started sleeping through we started using Nature Babies Loveables in bamboo which were fine, they'd be pretty wet in the morning but no leaks.
When she weaned at 6 months and started drinking water too she seemed to wee more, so we started using WNNN and Bedbugs - we find WNNN are drier, and on rare occasions I do have to change a bedbug during the night but that's mainly because she's awake and it feels pretty wet to me, rather than because it can't physically hold any more liquid.

We get about 3-4 hours out of a BGV3 with the large MF insert and a LL bamboo, and about 4 hours out of a Blueberry with the OS or large inserts. HL fitteds under wool we normally have to change every 3 hours, the nappies aren't saturated and the front and back are dry, but the crotch is always soaking wet.

We always put DD on the potty when we change her nappy now, and even her biggest pees don't come far up the potty. I also find that if she uses the potty then she lasts longer in the next nappy which means we can get away with less boosting.

The other night I weighed her night nappies as I was curious how much she was weeing compared with some of the other babies on the here - that night it was about 370ml overnight - although she was a bit dehydrated due to a cold, so I'd guesstimate about 400ml on an average night.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:45 pm

i think dans more of a medium wetter :giggle: he does'nt soak through on a night and his day nappies last around 3 hours with out being drenched. they are wet but not dripping wet

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:50 pm

I think Rufus is a heavy wetter, although I do think it is begining to improve now.

It's mainly overnight I notice it as a problem, he went into dedicated NN's at 6 weeks because he was waking up sopping wet and changing him was making him wide awake and not want to go back to sleep, until 12 weeks we could manage with HL Bedbugs but at that point they stopped being absorbant enough, they were wringing wet & making him sore, adding a LL Bamboo booster between the nappy and the wrap helped for a few more weeks & then we had to do a complete stash overhaul, I weighed his nappies as suggested by Ems so I could get custom absorbancy, I forget the weight difference now but I was amazed at the difference. I would call out-peeing a nappy it being completely saturated, with wetness pooling in the wrap and being able to wring lots of pee out of it ... his nappies are like this every morning, although now with our PK and LLS there is no longer pee pooling in the wrap.

During the day a nappy will last 2-3 hours with the exception of the first one of the day which will be 1-2hrs max.
I use no MF in any of his nappies, they are all bamboo, hemp & zorb. We can't really use anything other than fitteds and wraps as we get leaks with AIO's/Pockets etc ... although we are now trying again and have had one or two successes, but wouldn't be confident enough to use them out of the house or when someone else is looking after him.

He has taken the same amount of milk (5x 7floz) since he was 10 weeks which I suppose will account for his extreme heavy wetting when he was younger and perhaps why it is calming down slightly now (although not overnight) he has a bottle at 7pm and goes into his NN about 10mins before, another bottle at 11pm and then I get him up in the morning at 7am and change him immediately.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:19 pm

Ruairidh is fine in the day. BG with EP hemp lasts 3+ hours. Dunk n Fluffs etc last 3-4hours (the zorb added ones) But at night he guzzles half the bath then has a :bf: then a bottle (4-6oz)too!
ATM we are getting by with his puddlekins night nappy or a baby beehinds bamboo. He can soak through his bedbugs to the point where I sold all but 1. I used to add an gk bamboo booster in half at the front but he even outpees that now.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:57 pm

I would say izzy is a heavy wetter. I change her every 2 hours in the day because i prefer to do that than have huge nappies. She has weenotions with pd insert or an itti with mini booster folded in half at the front. She can pee through a dunk and fluff in 1 wee so they now have to be boosted with zorb. The fluff and stuff heavy wetter lasts about 2 hours. Sometimes she will outpee any of the above sooner than 2 hours. We have tried lots and lots of nappies that have been outpeed.

The reason I would class her as a heavy wetter is night nappies. EVERYTHING was soaked, nappy, wool, PJ's, sheet, mattress. I have found 2 nappies have now been able to contain the mega wees

1. Puddlekins night nappy heavy wetter with extra loose zorb booster. This soaked through and some dampness on wool but that is fine.

2. Minki pocket stuffed with 1 large upsy daisy bamboo insert folded in 3 lengthways, one small upsy daisy insert popered onto that then folded into 3 upwards IYKWIM., one petits dessous size 2 bamboo folded in half, one easy peasy hemp booster. just some dampness and again fine

AT LAST don't have to change bedding every morning!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:21 pm

littlesez wrote:
2. Minki pocket stuffed with 1 large upsy daisy bamboo insert folded in 3 lengthways, one small upsy daisy insert popered onto that then folded into 3 upwards IYKWIM., one petits dessous size 2 bamboo folded in half, one easy peasy hemp booster. just some dampness and again fine

blimey, bet thats one mahoosive night bum! :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:37 pm

must remember to get a pic, she actually waddles! My step dad says poor thing! :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat