hf1

Today's nappy. wish me luck!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Today's nappy. wish me luck!

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:48 am

I was given a ton of ancient nappies that I have been as yet not brave enough to use, but today is the day.

They are imse blojan brand (presumably what imse vimse used to be called). They are thin white cotton, shaped, no elastic, no aplix/poppers. There is a fold-out tongue like you would get in many nappies, and the wet-zone section is a bit thicker. but still very thin. My best description is that they are the same shape as my old bamboozles, but so thin.

O guess they're essentially like a shaped prefold. But they dried quicker than the prefolds, so that's not boding well :giggle:

They have some very thin extra boosters so i've put two of them in there. I have resisted the urge to boost with something i know will work, I just want to see if these work at all! They don't even nippa so it's just been placed inside a wrap.

I've googled them and can't find a picture.

Wish me luck ladies, i suspect i'm heading for a disaster, especially if she falls asleep which i think she might. And she hasn't done her morning poo yet.

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Today's nappy. wish me luck!

Postby Chooky » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 am

tiyuricc wrote:I was given a ton of ancient nappies that I have been as yet not brave enough to use, but today is the day.

Wish me luck ladies, i suspect i'm heading for a disaster, especially if she falls asleep which i think she might. And she hasn't done her morning poo yet.

:shock: :giggle: Sorry had to :giggle:
Sounds like you will have a couple of very interesting hours Good luck hope it works :cnthug:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:01 pm

I had a couple of those for Lucas, I used to use them unboosted as stopgap nappies (if I knew he'd only be in it for an hour or two), under a Rikki wrap. I'm not sure about now but they used to be pretty popular - you might be pleasantly surprised :wink:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:27 pm

well we haven't had a poo today :shock: but i've used 2 of these, but took them both off after a little over an hour (not game to leave any longer) and they were no more wet than her hollow oak or tykies would have been after the same time. i expect they might do for occasional use, or to supplement stash in winter when it takes everything forever to dry without a dryer.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat