hf1

Chicken Pox

My avatar
Twinmamma
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Chicken Pox

Postby Twinmamma » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:04 am

We have an outbreak of Chicken Pox in our house :( ... Anna has just had it and Max now has spots, only Tom to go.

Anyway, Max has lots of spots on his poor little bottom and I was wondering how best to look after them. I'm thinking his fitteds and wool may be better than pockets? What about creams and wipes? I use washable wipes and water - so no irritants there, but is there anything that might soothe his spots? Equally, calamine cream and cloth nappies - they can't mix surely, any suggestions are welcome!

I have a feeling the boys are going to have a very spotty first birthday next week...

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Chicken Pox

Postby Shaunie » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:07 am

:hug: when my boys had it, they were both in cloth & I only used olive oil on their skin as this soothed itching as oppose to calomine lotion which dries them out making them itch more. I used sparingly on their bums though and it did their pockets no harm. Hope they're all better soon :hug: :hug:

ETA - no scars either - a Dr friend recommended we use it :wink:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:08 am

Get some homeopathic rhus tox tablets, they work fantabulously for CP!
I would get a soothing cream, something with calendula perhaps - Nelsons do one you should be able to get in Boots or Holland and Barret. I think you're right with fitteds and wool, natural fabrics as far as you can.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:10 am

no advice just lots of :hug: :hug: better to have it when they are small, hope its not too bad for them.My eldest 2 have had them but not the younger 2. Ds1 had them in his ears and mouth, poor things

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:16 am

:hug: I know how awful this can be, all 3 of ours had it so bad, especially Gracie who was dreadful.
Use aqueous calamine cream instead of lotion, bicard of soda in the bath also helps with itching and piriton. The things that Shadow suggested are also proven to be effective if you can get them x

My avatar
Twinmamma
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Twinmamma » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:54 pm

Thank you ladies, I knew you would all have plenty of wisdom, I have calendula cream already so will cover his bottom in it. The spots have multiplied and his bottom looks so sore but he's as happy as can be :giggle:
I might give him an oatmeal bath as that seemed to work a treat on Anna when she was very uncomfortable a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks again xxx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat