hf1

Cloth at nursery.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Cloth at nursery.

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:36 pm

123princesssammie wrote:It seems a little complicated, really not sure if they will be able to shake poop into the toilet as it would mean leaving the room and leaving children unattended or staff:child ratio incorrect, agree with above aswell we use same cloths for everything xx

Our nursery only has toilets in some of the changing rooms so this would not be practical.
Have you thought about using paper liners?
With Isabelle anything they couldn't easily get off the nappy with paper or just shaking into the nappy bin, we dealt with at the end of the day.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:41 pm

Oh, I tried to make it as simple as possible, but really don't like the idea of using the same wipes for face and bottom.

There is a WC in the changing room as she is in the 18-36 month department, so some are PT. I don't expect it all to come off, but Moo's poos are usually quite solid so should flick ou quite easily.

Most of what is there I have already spoken about with them, but I wanted it written down so I was sure I had covered everything and if anyone new covers that room, they will know what to do. I am going in to see them on Tuesday, so will see they say.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:42 pm

That's fair enough :)
Nothing wrong with using different wipes for face and bum :)
Definatley best to have it all written down...

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Is paper liners an option as I know my nursery prefer them and it's so much easier to deal with poo that way. We don't use them at home, just at nursery. Other than that it looks fine, though I might change "hook and loop" to velcro :) but that's just me!!!

What's their policy on nappy creams? Do they supply it or you? If they do then make sure they know not to use it with the cloth nappies!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Oh yes, hadn't thought of that! I think I will provide something, as I think they only use bepanthen.

I might provide liners, actually. We do have a load that I never use, do you think it will make it more complicated?

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:03 pm

I think liners make it much easier for them (as long as you have it ready to go in the nappy when they take it out to use) as they can just throw it out if there's poo (assume mine just put in a nappy sack and put out with the other disposable nappies but they may flush them!) and leave if it's just wet so you can wash and re-use :)

We didn't use them at first and just asked them to send the poo nappies home, but they didn't like doing that so found that they were using a ton of disposable wipes trying to scrape Ryan's evil paste poo off each day! They were the ones who asked for liners!!! :)

My avatar
kittenwithawhip
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kittenwithawhip » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Henry's nursery were happy to deal with cloth - and I sent him in nippa'd Bumbles with wraps! They too put all nappies in plastic bags, but they always rinsed out any pooey nappies first. The changing stations have loos in them as well so it was no problem for them.
One thing to be aware of is that you may lose a nappy by accident - I had a load of washable wipes that got chucked away (I suspect a new member of staff didn't get what they were supposed to do) and a nappy put in someone else's bag - so perhaps don't use your fancy stuff.

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

I send bg's to nursery with Grace & we've never had any issues. At first they offered to "save me washing the nappies" by using their sposies but after I explained I was washing them anyways & gave them a big smile it's never been mentioned again :giggle: It's on site at work so they use conti-wipes & water anyway so I don't send my own wipes. They use Sudocreme so I've asked them to use her NE salve & explained it can clog the nappies. They've never used it apart from last week when she was in sposies while we moved house. I had to :giggle: at the fact that they have an obvious association thet the NE is for cloth.

Like others have said I don't expect them to deal with her poo & I kinda think that that is beyond the call of duty, I don't think I like the idea of flicking someone elses childs poo down the toilet :oops: Not to mention my girls both do very soft poos (sorry tmi :giggle: ). They just put them straight in the wet bag & I deal with them when I get home. Sometimes they do stink the place out & I feel a bit bad but I don't think they use nappy sacks so there isn't another option. Maybe I'll ask them if paper liners would help :wink:

Definitely check if you can send your own cream in :)

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:47 pm

fluffy_mummy wrote:I might provide liners, actually. We do have a load that I never use, do you think it will make it more complicated?

I used to lay the liner in the nappy when I stuffed them (if you are using pockets) that way they are ready to go :wink: .

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat