hf1

New born nappies again and cords.

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

New born nappies again and cords.

Postby LilMrsAverage » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:58 am

just realised none of the nappies I have in my current pudding stash have a clip down bit for the babies cord...

Now dexter held on to his cord for a long time.... we were delayed being signed off the midwives and everything :giggle: ( he really didn't want to come out!)

I know dexter was very long and big for his age - this baby is measuring dot on average - will I have a problem with the rise and the cord?

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: New born nappies again and cords.

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:11 am

personally, i wouldn't worry. i never had any clip down ones with either child and it was fine.

i know someone on here (charli??) had issues as a result so will say differently.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:15 am

I had/have some swaddlebees newborn prefolds and i put those on and folded down the front bit so that it was under their cords IYKWIM?
XS and small thirsties :)
Last edited by megansmummy on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:20 am

megansmummy wrote:I had/have some swaddlebees newborn prefolds and i put those on and folded down the front bit so that it was under their cords IYKWIM?

What wrap did you use?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:21 am

tiyuricc wrote:personally, i wouldn't worry. i never had any clip down ones with either child and it was fine.

i know someone on here (charli??) had issues as a result so will say differently.

Yup your right!

I only had little lambs cotton and they touched her cord and it did get severly infected even though i gave it lots of air time (bathing too) etc, i got a total rollocking from the doctor who made me feel very crap and said on my 3rd child i should know the nappy (dispo or cloth) should not touch the cord. Soph went on 1 week of antibiotics at only 10 days old, was very ill and spent 2 weeks in Sposi'es.

This time i will have newborn nappies that go UNDER the cord or snap downs. Im probably the only person this has happened to but i wouldn't risk it again.

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:22 am

Oh dear, I really thought you were taking about cord TROUSERS and popped in to see why. :oops: :oops: Maybe an early night tonight......

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:24 am

charlibunny wrote:
tiyuricc wrote:personally, i wouldn't worry. i never had any clip down ones with either child and it was fine.

Yup your right!

I only had little lambs cotton and they touched her cord and it did get severly infected even though i gave it lots of air time (bathing too) etc, i got a total rollocking from the doctor who made me feel very crap and said on my 3rd child i should know the nappy (dispo or cloth) should not touch the cord. Soph went on 1 week of antibiotics at only 10 days old, was very ill and spent 2 weeks in Sposi'es.

This time i will have newborn nappies that go UNDER the cord or snap downs. Im probably the only person this has happened to but i wouldn't risk it again.

Going to sound thick here.... but can wraps/wool touch the cord or would they all be in the same boat? x

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:27 am

It's wet fabrics i think. And as you know cotton little lambs get wet VERY quickly!!

with my other girls i just did the sposie up folded down and put a sleepsuit on but left it unbuttoned when i could.

Shame i was too thick with Sophie :(

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 am

LilMrsAverage wrote:
megansmummy wrote:I had/have some swaddlebees newborn prefolds and i put those on and folded down the front bit so that it was under their cords IYKWIM?

What wrap did you use?

XS and small thirsties hun :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat