hf1

What to do with my stash?

My avatar
calliflower
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

What to do with my stash?

Postby calliflower » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:34 pm

I have about 100 nappies (not including the numerous terry squares which I mostly use for stuffing, but occassionally use as nappies) and DD is almost potty trained. DS (8 months) will obviously be in cloth for a while yet, but as my machine only does 2 days worth of nappies at a time there is no way I need that many anymore (having counted them all, I am now wondering if I ever needed that many LOL). As I don't plan on having another baby for a while, I don't know whether to sell them, or to keep them. DH, in a unprecidented statement said to keep them (he is usually all for 'get rid of it') in case any of our friends want to try cloth or in case we have another one, but I am not so sure as we could use the money/space.

My question is if I did decide to keep them, how would be best to store them? If I am going to use them again/lend them out etc. I don't want them going mouldy or the like. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: What to do with my stash?

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:49 pm

I like the big vacuum seal bags. They stop dampness and they would shrink your bundle down a bit too.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Controversial I would say sell them! Make some money out of them while you can! I would keep a few favourites and obviously ones you still use.I think if you don't plan on having another one for a good few years!
Than if you do have another you can have then fun of getting new things for the baby!
:hug:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:15 pm

scarlet wrote:Controversial I would say sell them! Make some money out of them while you can! I would keep a few favourites and obviously ones you still use.I think if you don't plan on having another one for a good few years!
Than if you do have another you can have then fun of getting new things for the baby!

WSS, keep some GN favs & perhaps a small selection of the less expensive ones to lend out and sell the rest. What suits one baby doesn't necessarily suit another plus things move on so if you wait until after the next baby they might be hard to sell or just worth a lot less, you can re-buy for the next baby, get what suits him/her and have lots of fun in the process!

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:46 pm

zoeyboo wrote:
scarlet wrote:Controversial I would say sell them! Make some money out of them while you can! I would keep a few favourites and obviously ones you still use.I think if you don't plan on having another one for a good few years!

WSS, keep some GN favs & perhaps a small selection of the less expensive ones to lend out and sell the rest. What suits one baby doesn't necessarily suit another plus things move on so if you wait until after the next baby they might be hard to sell or just worth a lot less, you can re-buy for the next baby, get what suits him/her and have lots of fun in the process!

WTS. I've been thinking about this. DS isn't ready to potty train just yet but he is growing out of some of his nappies and I can't decide whether to keep them for the next one or sell them now. As much as it pains me I think I would sell some as you could use the funds to get some lovely WAHM made clothes :wink:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:54 pm

WTS. Unless you know that you are having another one soon, or friends are likely to use them, I would keep a few different ones, so you have different shapes and fits etc to try out, and then you/your friends can use them to see which works best.

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:10 pm

wow 100 :shock:

Sell half if you need the money??

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Id say sell about 30. Try and keep any favourites and ones your DS can grow into and some GN smalls just incase :wink:

Sarah x

My avatar
babypod
Clothie
Clothie

Postby babypod » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:17 am

Sell them! Just keep what you need and a few favourites. As someone else said, what sells now might not sell later and you will probably want to buy newer/cuter/cooler stuff when you have another baby anyway. :wine:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat