hf1

Side Sleeping Leaks . Help!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Side Sleeping Leaks . Help!

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:44 am

Over the last few days Rufus has started to roll onto his left side during the night, by the morning his babygro and sleeping bag are damp on this side ...
It isn't major leaking but damp, which I don't want any!

His NN's are always saturated, he is a very heav wetter especially overnight, but we get on ok with what we have after a lot of trial and error, we now use WNNN's (although these won't be replaced when outgrown) and LLS Heavy Wetters (he did have PK's but outgrew them & can't get more :( ) I boost with a LL Bamboo booster between the nappy & wrap (Thirsties Duo) and this has always been a bomb proof combination ....

I think with him lying on his side this is causing compression wicking though the bindings .... so what can I do????

Fleece doesn't work, we get serious wicking & dampness through to the sheets, wool is a no-no for us for a number of reasons - too expensive/too much of a faff/DH hates it ... I've ordered some zorb-boost boosters from Ems at Puddlekins to replace the LL's as 1)I want them for my Easyfits and 2) I think the ZorbBoost will be thirstier ... but what else can I try???? Any suggestions?

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Side Sleeping Leaks . Help!

Postby happytails » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:48 pm

I had this issue when we used WNNN and dd started side sleeping. We never solved the problem as i sold the WNNN as they were a bad fit :-? Are they fitting well at the legs still? x

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Side Sleeping Leaks . Help!

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:33 am

happytails wrote:I had this issue when we used WNNN and dd started side sleeping. We never solved the problem as i sold the WNNN as they were a bad fit :-? Are they fitting well at the legs still? x

Oddly, it's only recently that they've started to fit well around the legs, now his thighs are super chunky, the high-cut of the legs really suit his shape :roll: . I can't work out if they are going to be outgrown soon, or whether he is starting to slim so they're going to fit for a while? They are actually our longest standing nappies! With the leak situation though it doesn't seem to matter what nappy it is, we get the same with LLS, PK and the WNNN ...

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat