hf1

Budget bottoms? Really?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Budget bottoms? Really?

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:43 am

Perhaps it's just the shape of the BM ones that isn't so good then... Plus they don't seem to quilt/soften up the way those ones have...

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:55 am

I hate BM's with a passion. I might have stuck cloth out longer when Dawn was born if it hadn't been for their awful wraps (How stiff are they?!) and their rubbish quality pre-folds (Overlocking at ends started to come apart from just prewashing :shock: ). And like Steph said, they just aren't soft at all.
And they're rubbish instructions too. Yes the pad fold thing is 'quick and easy' but it's terrible for keeping stuff inside the nappy :(
Our local nappy shop raves about how great they are. I hope she's never telling a first timer when I'm in there :oops: :oops: :giggle: I wish I was as 'clued up' on cloth back then as I am now.

I am however going to buy/make some lovely pre-folds for number two (I'm a nappy fold geek! Lol)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:13 am

We've had no problems with the overlocking of ours Stacey - and they've been washed a ton of times now as I use them as nappy mat covers :lol:
I guess it is like any 'style' or 'type' of nappy - if you get the right ones they're fab...

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:19 am

Maybe I was being picky, in my "first time mum, everything must be PERFECT" mode :giggle: It wasn't so bad that the nappy was unraveling, but I just felt that for my £100 I'd been duped a bit with stitching that was coming undone :oops: Obviously now I know that £100 is rather cheap (And that normally you get what you pay for ;) )

I still hate them though :hohoho:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:25 am

We used the tommee tippee cotton bottoms prefolds when Rhys was tiny, DH in particular, loved them (think he liked the technical challenge, being a bloke LOL). I thought they were fine, they did the job.

£20 certainly isn't budget! You can get a bamboozle or an easyfit on amazon for under a tenner! Or any number of things from Little Lambs.

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:27 am

charlibunny wrote:Mommy's touch claim they have a new "budget" range.

You get a 'shell' for $14.95 and then 3 pack microfibre inserts for $9.99

Thats £20.

An itti with extra inserts is cheaper :roll:

Am i missing something?

http://www.onlymommystouch.com/store/p/ ... sert-.html

Ok so i got mixed up, thats the price for a newborn one... add $2 for a onesize shell and an extra $3.99 for the inserts

So thats a total of £25.43 (GBP) for one shell and 3 microfibre inserts..... Budget how???

:-?

$24.94 is only about £16, and $30.93 is only £20. And that's only because of the abysmal exchange rate. If you were buying in the States, it would be cheaper, relatively speaking, than buying Bambino Mio in the UK.

Not my bag, not the cheapest ever, but once you take the crappy $-£ exchange out of the picture, not really all that bad.
Last edited by freyasmummy on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Well i used Xe site and that worked it out for me!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat