hf1

Leaking in every direction!

My avatar
nelix2000
Clothie
Clothie

Leaking in every direction!

Postby nelix2000 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:13 pm

DD is 15 months, in pockets(a mix of wnos and fuzzis) stuffed with PD bamboo, hemp and bamboo terry, fuzzis have mf in them.

She has outweed 2 in the space of two hours. We only keep a small stash now so I can't change her hourly (we only have 11 nappies).

Ideas? She is in a disposable now as we are on the second outfit of the day and I don't want/need any more washing.:laundry:

I am very close to giving up cloth and selling my beautiful but mini stash.

We do have some fitteds and terrys that I use and she does not leak out of these, but I find them bulky in comparison to pockets. We used to use fitteds then changed to pockets for ease of use.

I don't want to give up on cloth, but I just don't have time to change outfits, wash bedding etc daily :x

Oh I have adjusted the rise etc to see if that, tried all combos of stuffing I can think of too and stripped all nappies only 2 days ago. :gaah:

Shall I swap them for fitteds? or am I missing a beat and there is something else I can do?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Leaking in every direction!

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:28 pm

No.1 how did you strip your nappies?
No.2 11 nappies isnt' really enough! :lol:
No.3 how much is she drinking? Cut out juice and just give water...

Make sure bamboo is your top layer and ditch microfibre
Then you need hemp...

For very heavy wetters a size2 PD bamboo plus an EP hemp only lasts around 2 hours so that may be all you'll get out of them... For very heavy wetters fitted nappies are a much better option...

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:31 pm

also, have u tried tumble drying the pockets? i had to do this with my wn to reseal the pul

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Are you over-stuffing them? Are there any gapes around the legs?

My avatar
nelix2000
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nelix2000 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:43 pm

oh my! thanksyou! nope, no gaping, and when there is I adjsut the rise as she seems to change shape every other day :giggle:

I strip by washing with usual powder, a full dose, then rinse rinse rinse until allthe bubbles are gone!

I have tumble dried them a couple of times lately due to miserable weather :lol:

I agree 11 isn't enough, but we have three stuffies and five terrys on top of that so 19 in total really. But 11 was enough with washing every other day :oops: and limited funds to :oops: :oops:

Yep its PD size 2 we have with hemp underneath it..... :x

:|

My avatar
nelix2000
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nelix2000 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:45 pm

oh and she does drink a bit, 2 cups of milk(morning and night) and usually one cup of watered down fruit juice in the day(very very weak). So not overly much really in the grand scheme of things. And the amount hasn't changed recenlty...

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:48 pm

Correct me if im wrong, but you shoudlnt use a full dose of powder unless you are in a very very hard water area. you only need to use a fraction of the normal amount to wash your nappies. they might have a build up on them and so coudl need stripping

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:51 pm

yes i live in a soft water area and use a baby milk powder scoopful of powder in every wash

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:53 pm

My DD is 18months and we havent been able to use pockets on her reliably from about 1 yr old as she just outpees.

Perhaps get a few fitteds and wool to try :wink: i agree with Steph, 11 nappies isnt nearly enough!! :shock: :giggle:

Sarah x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat