Clothes for cloth bums

My avatar
scubelle
Clothie
Clothie

Clothes for cloth bums

Postby scubelle » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi
I'm probably being thick or blind (online via my phone so always a bit trickier). Is there a forum on here for clothing?
My LO is newish to cloth, she's 1 yr & mad crawler, so i need jeans & trousars (stone floors) but i cant get them to fit over her nappy! She has bad builders bum (actually a very cute leopard skin bum right now) & she's in 2-3yr trous! Can anyone recommend where i can get some better fitting jeans.
Thx

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Clothes for cloth bums

Postby clairelou88 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:46 pm

frugi
H&M
GAP
there the main places i but clothes from! oh and WAHM clothes on here of corse!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Supermarket clothes come up huge for cloth bums :wink:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:54 pm

It depends where you're buying from on the highstreet. I bought mainly Asda jeans and never had a problem with the appropriate size for her age. I did find Next jeans to be a little low in the rise and some cheaper makes like Primark.

Most specially made for cloth clothes are well out of our price range.

Now DD is out of nappies I have the oppostite problem though as most 12-18 and 18-24 month stuff is made to go over a nappy, all be it a smaller disposable, so they all fall off her now as she has no nappy to hold them up :roll: So at almost 18 months she's wearing 9-12 month jeans, which all look slightly half mast on her :lol:

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:08 pm

I find you have to like turn ups! I have some bright bots clothes that are cloth nappy friendly but not many. Next are the best I think for boys clothes with their being plenty of growing room. I haven't found it toooo bad since my boy is very tall for his age so he needs a size up for length anyway. Plus I only use BGs and Ittis as they're the slimmest.

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:32 pm

I'm currently putting my dd in tights underneath leggings/joggers, she is crawling and also has the annoying habit of yanking her socks off so this sorts out both problems!

Shops wise, I generally go for Asda, tesco, Matalan generally and never have had a prob with my 2 fitting in with a cloth bum.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:14 pm

I use wool because it fits realy well over cloth, but also love Frugi clothes. We find Boden, Monsoon and other more expensive makes tend to fit better, you can often pick them up preloved on the classifieds and ebay (We got some Boden trousers recently for £6!) and because they are higher quality they wash and wear so well they last and last :-)

There are no supermarkets near us that sell kids clothes so I can't comment on those...

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:12 pm

We use fleece trousers a lot in the autumn/ winter, they tend to have quite a bit of stretch are hardwearing plus they are water resistant so prevent leaks.

DD is 8 months and can still fit in 3-6 months fleece trousers (she's in 9-12 month tops) even over a large weenotion nappy :wink:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:22 pm

I get Ruairidh's stuff from Next, H&M and mamas and papas. All fit fine over his cloth bum.

When dd was a baby in cloth I got most of her trousers from H&M.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat