hf1

Nappies that actually fit a 6/7lb baby

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Nappies that actual fit a 6/7lb baby

Postby happytails » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:14 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Have you been given any indications that this one may be small as well?

No, just thought more chance of another wee one, but that may not be the case i guess! Got MW tomorrow so will see if they think im on track or not.

Got a few diddy diapers, these look nice and small so will keep a look out for those, they are quite cheap too so :wine: I have a bimble but no idea what size it is, its about the same size as the diddys i think so maybe XS or S?

Would prefolds work well with wool soakers? What prefolds would you recommend? x

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Nappies that actually fit a 6/7lb baby

Postby autumnalgirl » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Don't know about the wool soakers, though I'm sure I've read of others using them. We just used bambino mio prefolds, worked perfectly for my babies, possibly not the cutest, but the amount they went through it was good to have something that I had a lot of!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:57 pm

I really wouldn't worry about getting more x small nappies, most smalls are useable from quite small, 40cm bamboo terries are good if you feel you need to get something, but I agree with Tanya, you definately can't predict the size, I was expecting Noah to be similar to Summers size 7lb8, but he was early and still 8lb14!!! My friens LOs 1st was 6lb13, 2nd 7lb1, 3rd 8lb7.

I got lots of XS nappies because I suspected he'd gain slowly like Summer, I was right, he still fits his XS fluff now

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Grace was 6lb 13oz & our best fitting little nappies were the XS Sandies & Swaddlebees nb. The SBOV were my favourite. A bit pricey but I just got one for her 1st nappy :giggle: my friends swears by bambooty's. Theyre were nice & trim when her baby was little. :D

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:37 am

TERRIES!!!! you cannot lose it doesn't matter what size bubs is then and they are sooooooooo cheap bet you could get them FFP on here with a wanted ad :wink: whats the point in spending money on tiny nappies that might not even get used for more than a few weeks, then your'll have to re sell them (with a newborn and a toddler to be looking after)

TERRY SQUARES are the answer :hohoho:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:08 am

I'd agree with the TeenyFits- they do still fit Miss Moo now because she's still light weight with a skinny bum, but when i look at them they wouldn't have been that big on her when she was a couple of months (was early)- really liked my newborn minki pockets too....

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat