hf1

Help! Need some advice on disposables

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Help! Need some advice on disposables

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Ive used Aldi own brand ones and found them ok when we went camping. DS1 I used huggies as they seemed better made but they all stink!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:57 pm

I use pampers active fit on Kieren at night with no problems at all...we never had an issues with the 'dry max' at all and he has very senstive skin...

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Huggies Super Dry, but they do really smell in the mornings :(

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Bog standard Pampers which are what we use at night at the moment, they're just the cheapest Pampers. They don't contain explosive poos and they smell bad but they generally do what's required!

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:57 pm

I tried various makes (when dermatology insisted I put Alasdair in disposables for a couple of months :x ).
Nature Babycare ones were the best of a bad bunch... though even these leaked overnight (and sometimes during the day too), so I always had to put a wrap on top of them. :roll:

My avatar
ReallyNotAHippy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ReallyNotAHippy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback! For some reason I didn't get any e-mails telling me I'd got replies so didn't realise anyone had responded! :roll:

To try and answer the questions etc:

Going to Portugal for 4 nights - can't wait! First holiday since June 2008 and first holiday with DS who will be 16 months old.

Thought about buying nappies there but will need some for the car journey/flight etc and, as we're only going for 5 days, we shouldn't need more than one pack so makes sense to get them before rather than having loads left over that we'll never use.

All the feedback on here and the Natural Mamas forum has made me feel SO glad I'm using cloth - disposables all sound so unreliable and smelly! Think we're going to go for Nature Baby as DS has never had nappy rash at all and don't really want to start when we're away. He had them when he was a newborn and although they leaked sometimes they didn't affect his skin. Going to take some cloth wraps to use with them at night, so we don't get any leaks, and may use it on the flight etc - just to be sure. Didn't realise that disposables smelt.... sounds horrid! :-?

Thanks for all your assistance -really appreciate it. Have to admit that all this disposable talk led me onto the Wee Notions site and I've just ordered 3 more cloth nappies on there.... oops! :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:02 pm

we used disp on the flying dys and i am really glad we did as we had a delay on our flight. so dont worry about using the odd disp for those situations! I used cloth when in greece for a week and washed them in the bath then dried them in the sun No probs at all :wink: didnt take enough cloth as they do take up a LOT of room so used a few disp too. TBH we saved a lot because izzy was in her swim nappy most of the time, I took 3 of those! She is a little mermaid :D

Have fun xxx

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:29 pm

this is a useful thread as I would be in the same boat if I was going on holiday - I honestly can't imagine ever using a disposable on DD now - I'd be so scared they wouldn't last the night!

Re the chemical burns etc - this might be a stupid question but can you use fleece liners in a disposable? that way nothing is actually next to baby's skin as such, and fleece liners could be rinsed and dried very easily while away.

just a thought anyway...

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat