hf1

What would you do?

My avatar
HopefulMonster
Clothie
Clothie

What would you do?

Postby HopefulMonster » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Ok so I bought a bundle off usednappies.co.uk of 15 nappies with 3 wraps.

They've just come in the post and basically 4 of them have completely knackered elastic - both in the back AND the legs, and not just slack elastic - it's just not there anymore and they're completely unusable, and another 4 have REALLY awful velcro that won't even stay stuck down when the nappies are flat, let alone when on a baby, and are pretty much unusable too!

My problem is that the lady did not mention ANY of these issues in the listing (nor some of the staining, but that's not a big deal as it doesn't affect their use), and I feel completely robbed that over half of the nappies I paid for are just a waste of space.

I really want to complain, but I am so terrible at things like this, I really don't know what to say at all :oops: I just wish I never bought the damn things, and if I could write off the cash I would but the whole reason I am buying second hand is because money is so tight at the moment and I can't afford to do it :(

So please help me ladies - what would you do if you were me, or how would you go about complaining?

Thanks so much in advance :hug:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What would you do?

Postby Caroline » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:45 pm

I would first contact the seller and say you want to return them as they are not as she listed them and see what she says.

My avatar
HopefulMonster
Clothie
Clothie

Postby HopefulMonster » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Thank you, I have sent that through so will have to wait for a reply, assuming I get one :(

Just in case this doesn't go well - if anyone has any tips about replacing velco and elastic (like where to get velcro from, how hard it is to do, and how to actually do it, etc) I would be immensely grateful :oops:

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:37 pm

You could nippa the ones with dodgey elastic

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Did you pay by paypal?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:40 pm

THB I wouldnt try. If you dont get any joy from the seller you can always take it up with Usednappies or take out a Paypal dispute if you paid through them.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:40 pm

ems wrote:Did you pay by paypal?

Great minds :wink:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Caroline wrote:
ems wrote:Did you pay by paypal?

Great minds :wink:

ehheheh ;)

My avatar
HopefulMonster
Clothie
Clothie

Postby HopefulMonster » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:43 pm

kermitgirl wrote:You could nippa the ones with dodgey elastic

I hadn't even considered that, would that work even with it being around the legs too? Sorry I'm a complete nippa newbie haha, they look mega complicated (and I'm almost certain the husband would be more likely to get one stuck up his nose than correctly fasten a nappy with it :giggle: )

Oh and I did pay through paypal, though I've never even heard of a paypal dispute? :oops: Sorry I feel like such an idiot, I'm rubbish with all this online stuff!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat