Ways to convert my sister?

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Ways to convert my sister?

Postby little1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:03 pm

My twin sis has just told me she's PG with DC 2 :wine:

Although she used sposies for DD1 she likes the idea of cloth nappies for bubs but is a huuuge clean freak (she ousts and dettols everything! :oops:) and doesn't think she could cope with putting dirty nappies in her washing machine or dealing with poopy liners, short of offering to wash her nappies (which i am tempted to do :giggle:) and move in with her to change DC's bum, do any of you have any suggestions of ways that i could persued her to give it a go?

So far i've got only 1 idea:

Send my LO round there in cloth all the time for the next 7 months to desensitise her :giggle:

Have any of you converted anyone or gotten over a clean obsession to use cloth? and do you have any tips - antibacterial products/ super easy liners etc...

Any help appreciated x

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Ways to convert my sister?

Postby happytails » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:45 am

I wouldnt have really said cloth is any 'less clean' than sposies TBH. My friend who uses sposies buts them in one of those nappy bin things that bags them and she is always going on about how minging and smelly it is :-?

Id probably just inform her to rinse first (to get rid of any poo), a good wash with the right amount of detergent and a rinse after. Ive never had any flakes of poo left in my machine after that :lol:

Maybe mention how much cleaner the environment would be from using cloth and that it would help 'save' her child having to be responsible (in a way) for previous generations mess (more sposies on landfill etc) - if she is a clean freak maybe this would work :lol:

Otherwise just take lo round in all the pretty fluff and talk about how easy it is and how its better for LO etc and you dont notice the washing etc

Sarah x

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:07 am

She could use disposable liners and bin them? Not ideal, and in fact I used to wash and reuse paper liners til they fall apart after about six washes, but the whole sluicing a mucky nappy down the loo doesn't sound like it's her thing! Maybe if she binned the poo in the liners it'd make it easier, no poo going into the machine etc (not that I've ever had a problem with bits of poo being left behind). She might come round to reusable liners after a while too. Maybe a pre-birth pressie of something cute and squishy would help :D

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mineemo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:15 am

Show her the Weenotions site, i showed my sis n she converted b4 even ttc lol, Aso agree with amanda, if ur sis dont wanna be puttin poo into her machine then paper liners, Altho i dont use them and iv never had any left in the machine,
Or just show her all these comments about people not having problems and im sure that will help, get her over urs when you do a wash and let her see u do it and help you a few times so she can get used to it b4 doin it in her machine, that way shes washin the nappies to get the practice etc but not in her machine so she'll get over it b4 usin her own.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat