pul leaking

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

pul leaking

Postby beck » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:53 am

hi
just a quick Q why would PUL start leaking? I haven't done anything different .. thanks :?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:32 am

Sorry Beck, another post I missed while I was away lol!! Need a decent moderator on here!!

Pul aparently last 100 washes, if its leaking before then you can try washing with fabric conditioner or giving it a blast in the tumble dryer. There are 'rods' that make up pul and over time they can droop so a tumble dry on hot can make these rods stand up again!! Make sure it is pul though before doing it (as you learnt with your babybeehinds wraps lol!!)

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:33 pm

I tumble dry them all the time so I'm not sure what was going on with them but they've stopped leaking now! It was my bright bots wraps that melted not my baby beehinds (they are PUL). But I might give them a go in the fabric softner just to make sure they dont leak on me.

Thanks
BECK : )

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:09 pm

oh oh oh oh oh !!!!! um honey its really NOT advised to tumble dry wraps all the time!! what are you doing you will kill them!!!!!??????? They only take such a short time to dry, I'm in France in the middle of winter and I still never tumble my wraps, I hand wash them in the bath after Louis gets out and hang them out and they are dry in the morning. You will seriously deplete your wrap lifespan if you tumble them all the time. I reackon in Brissie in the summer they would be dry in about 1/2 hour!!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:59 am

AARGH OMG!!!! :oops: Thank you so much!! I had no idea.
See that's why I love this site :lol:
I hope I haven't damaged them to much.

Thanks again

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:15 am

Were you doing them on hot or cool tumble?? They should be ok hun, don't worry too much!! :lol:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:42 am

Warm to hot :( Oh dear

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:58 am