hf1

What do i need ladies?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: What do i need ladies?

Postby charlibunny » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Louise wrote:Personally I don't think you've got enough of either unless you want to wash every day. My NBs go through at least 8 nappies a day if not 10 (dirty nappies at every feed :roll:) so I am getting at least 25 of each XS and S. But all 3 of mine have got smaller

41+3 8lb 3oz
43+1 7lb 6oz
42+1 6lb 13oz

Katie was in size 0s and XSs for months. If you are expecting a bigger baby I would get maybe 3/4 XS (assuming you will still be using the bimbles and kissaluvs, if not you'll need to replace those too) and at least 6/7 more smalls, especially seeing as I doubt you'll be able to use the DnFs for quite a while as they are considerably larger than other smalls.

I plan on having the bimbles/kissaluvs as emergency nappies. So maybe i do need to save up for more :roll: :roll:

The onesized ones like BG's might fit more like smalls on the lowest setting? or not... I am so clueless!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:11 pm

evansmummy wrote:I grow boys well hehe!

DS1 - came naturally, no reason but went pre term 9x prior to his final exit!
DS2 - premature leak of membranes at 30weeks and induced when they found he was on empty..
DS3 - Gestational Diabeties, induction when sugars went mental

Wonder what's in store for me this time lol

I have xs sandies and the whoa baby fitteds..not sure what else to get if anything?

Cor, you have alot of surprises! I say, 41 weeks and you have to be induced this time :wink: Oh and he is 6lbs 4.....

:hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:13 pm

I'd say get more smalls if anything, and use those kissaluvs and bimbles if needed and you'd be fine.

I think I have enough xs/smalls to get through to start with. I've had:
7lb at 41 weeks
8lb 5oz at 40 weeks

Natalie dropped to 6lb 8oz and grew soooo slowly she took 14 weeks to hit 10lbs and we didn't start cloth til she was 3 months.
Ryan never lots and gained fairly quickly, but still fit in small bg aios til 16 weeks (just)

both of mine are long and thin though so narrow nappies last a bit longer. Baby is measuring the same- spot on but with a long femur! so should be similar.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:14 pm

I guess you'd get away with using the onesizes on the smallest setting. Personally I can't stand huge onesize nappies on teeny babies :oops: so have absolutely no experience of using them other than on the medium and large settings.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Louise i wish your OWW nappy would hurry up so i can get your verdict, i may brave a few more and sell the last of my weenotions :(

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:18 pm

charlibunny wrote:Louise i wish your OWW nappy would hurry up so i can get your verdict, i may brave a few more and sell the last of my weenotions :(

It should be here soon, my HL set I ordered on the same day arrived this afternoon.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Yes im looking forward to your NB nappy arriving too Louise!! Cant believe im stalking someone else's fluff :roll: :giggle:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:54 pm

i think if you're expecting big babies, then you have more than enough xs's. ds was 8lb8oz at term, so i didn't buy any xs's at all for next pregnancy. and i'm glad i didn't get any as dd came out 9lb4oz at a week over, so i doubt she'd have fitted in any xs's.

if i manage to have another, i'll be skipping the xs's again.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Id say you need more. Just on the thought that if you didnt get round to washing when planned you arent running out of nappies :wink:

Id get a few diddys if i were you, cheap, good reviews and are supposed to fit from 4lbs something so even if you have a tiddler they should fit and will fit normal and larger sized newborns too :wink: We have 4 or 5 i think (mix of nippa and aplix). Other than that, maybe a few teenyfits (id perhaps hold off and wait for some of us ahead of you to list some teeny fluff :wink: )

You could always get a few newborn prefolds to boost your newborn stash (swaddlebees do a pack for about £12 i think - babykind) :wink:

Sarah x

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat