hf1

How to get pooh out of leg elastic?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

How to get pooh out of leg elastic?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Ok, so I suppose I should know this by now wat with no longer being a cloth newbie and all but to be honest I am at a loss as to how to sort this. I mainly use v2 bg's and fuzzis and I always use a fleece liner on top of all of my nappies. Anyway, the problem is that sometimes if ethans had too much dairy his poo is horrible and it runs onto the bit of the nappy where the leg elastic is and I've found its near on impossible to get out with just one wash. Does anyone have any little tips that managesd to get all the poo out of the leg elastic? I am being left with either poo still in it where the washer hasn't managed to get it out or bad staining there sometimes...thanks in advance! Ps I wash on a 60 degree wash! Xx

My avatar
AAMum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: How to get pooh out of leg elastic?

Postby AAMum » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:14 pm

I had this issue with Eesah and his BG's. In the end I got and old toothbrush and would wet the nappy, stretch the elastic where the poo was and brush the poo into the toilet. It's the only thing that worked. Obviously the toothbrush was kept well hidden :giggle:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm

AAMum wrote:I had this issue with Eesah and his BG's. In the end I got and old toothbrush and would wet the nappy, stretch the elastic where the poo was and brush the poo into the toilet. It's the only thing that worked. Obviously the toothbrush was kept well hidden :giggle:

We have an old nail brush to do the same.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:32 pm

i've been wondering this too

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby greenferret » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:03 pm

AAMum wrote:I had this issue with Eesah and his BG's. In the end I got and old toothbrush and would wet the nappy, stretch the elastic where the poo was and brush the poo into the toilet. It's the only thing that worked. Obviously the toothbrush was kept well hidden :giggle:

I do this too :giggle: Works though!

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummy_mi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Nail brush here as well!! xx

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Definitely rinsing/washing out with cold water as much as you can before it goes into the nappy bucket & into the wash works wonders for avoiding stains... as I've recently found out :roll:
I've got one nappy that I didn't do this too and 4 washes later, it's finally starting to fade, despite time on the line in the (limited amount of) sun. All the rest, the ones that I rinsed under the tap, have been fine, not a stain in sight.

I really must get a nail brush or something though. Up until now, I've been using my fingers/finger nails to rub the nappy under the tap to get the poo stains out! :shock: :oops:

Dooby x

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:44 am

I used a nail brush too - and have been known to stretch a nappy out on the lawn with a weight of some sort on each end to try to sun out stains in the creases!

My avatar
happyanne
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby happyanne » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Yep, what the others said. Though it only happened about 3 times to me. If it would happen more often I'd get other diapers.... :wink:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat