hf1

Smugness!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Smugness!

Postby Annette » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:15 pm

I was chatting with some other mum's from school and the topic (inevitably) came up about our brand new bin collection service. Stockport have just this month moved to wheelie bins for non-recyclable rubbish with 3 other bins for recycling. The non-recyclable one will get collected fortnightly and the bin really is tiny compared to the others. The biggest complaint - how could it possibly take all the nappies and won't they smell after 2 weeks :hohoho: I sat there feeling very very smug indeed :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Smugness!

Postby tanya » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:17 pm

:giggle: definitely a cause for smugness!

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Quite right, enjoy your smugness!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Cathleen xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:19 pm

:wine: for cloth bums, I would have said "well if you used cloth...................." :giggle:

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:28 pm

:giggle: I had the same conversation yesterday but at a friends house so felt at liberty to say VERY smugly, "Well if you used washable nappies, you wouldn't have that problem!" :hohoho:

One of the mums said she'd been tipping the poo out of her DDs sposies down the loo - I bit my lip at that point and didn't tell her she should be doing that anyway as human waste should NOT go into your bins.

I'm loving the new waste collection we have in Stockport, especially the fact we can now put ALL our food waste into the green bins - it's making me even more determined to stop wasting food.
Last edited by becsom on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Another smug Stopfordian here too :giggle:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:32 pm

becsom wrote:I'm loving the new waste collection we have in Stockport, especially the fact we can now put ALL our food waste into the green bins - it's making me even more determined to stop wasting food.

Yes, I also like that the green bins are now collected weekly - we manage to fill ours with garden waste every week at the moment with things dying back and dropping leaves.

The only problem I have now is deciding what to put in my compost bin and what to put in the green one :D

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:25 am

apparently the council have been getting lots of complaints about it, most of them centred around 'I have 3 in nappies, how can you expect me to only have that small bin full every 2 weeks' :roll: :roll:

I on the other hand only half filled my black bin :D (ok, so my lot are out of nappies now, but, would have been the same if they were all still wearing them!)

Jan x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:47 am

JanX wrote:apparently the council have been getting lots of complaints about it, most of them centred around 'I have 3 in nappies, how can you expect me to only have that small bin full every 2 weeks' :roll: :roll:

I can see their point. But what they don't see is that this is to encourage people to find ways of cutting down on their waste :roll:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat