hf1

Did tesco choose the right nappy to sell (your ideas)

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Did tesco choose the right nappy to sell (your ideas)

Postby e586 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 am

Soupdragon wrote:I think it's a very positive step. They've chosen to stock British, one size, cute print, most like a disposable ... Not sure what better option they could have picked?! I also think that anyone who's thinking about using cloth will appreciate them being there to see IRL - they can take them out of the packet, play with them, see how they work and (presumably?) take them back if they're unworn and they decide cloth isn't for them. I don't think that the price tag is too prohibitive, either, as most people will be able to work out that they should last from birth to potty training, so will see the initial cost in terms of the greater long-term benefit. I also think it's a great way to get a reluctant partner on side. I'm lucky that my DH was cloth supportive, but not everyone's is. If they're able to see the product, they might be more inclined to support a purchase. Maybe?

agree with this completely!!

and I've found the absorbency great- Ryan is 21 months and managed 4 hours with each of ours from brand new and no pre-wash, and that was without any boosting. That works for me!!! :) He's just grown out of our staple pop-ins, and won't be in ittis much longer, so I'm slowly gathering more Easyfits as I know I'll be able to use them on baby too when Ryan eventually potty trains.

My avatar
Genasai
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Genasai » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:08 pm

I think it can only be a good thing having cloth nappies available in supermarkets. Obviously £14.99 looks like an expensive choice, but I think if you've already decided to use disposables or cloth, you're going to stick to your decision... We chose to use cloth very early on in our pregnancy, so if there had been an option in our local supermarket to buy them we could have easily added 1 to our weekly shop now and again with not too much consequence to our budget and have had enough to use by the time our little one arrived.

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:44 pm

My brother and BIL work at a large Tesco on non-food (so nappies are within their department). My BIL is actually the section manager. My niece also works with them part-time. My other niece and my sister work on Clothing. I will make sure they are all aware of the Tree, and obviously they all know how to change cloth already :wink: So theres a start on the advise, at least in Dover :giggle: Like to feel like i'm doing my bit for the cause :giggle:

I think its a great idea, definitely making cloth more accessible to the masses :wine:

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Re: Did tesco choose the right nappy too sel (your ideas)

Postby Little Pants » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 am

[quote="zoeyboo"

... but I wouldn't imagine that they'd be an impulse purchase by someone who hadn't considered looked into cloth already [/quote]

Actually I'm not so sure that one of these wouldn't be an impulse buy. I talk to anti natal groups, and most people think that cloth nappies are still terry squares, which need soaking, folding, pinning and boiling, and are waterproofed by hard plastic pants. When they see what modern cloth nappies really are, many are gobsmacked, and say they had no idea that things had changed so much. I personally think that if people see these in Tescos, they may well buy on impulse, just to try it out, and may be s=converted, once they consider the long term cost of disposables against the long term costs of washables.

And although I wouldn't use all-in-ones myself, because I don't think it's the best system generally, I do think it's the best system for converting people to cloth, and the Tots Bots is IMO one of the best, if not the best AIO, as it's reasonably quick to dry!

So yes, I think they have chosen the right nappy.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat