hf1

NO its not!

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: NO its not!

Postby rhiannon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:24 am

I always put the poo in the loo if he's in a disposable at least i'm not the only odd one! He he

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:15 am

So what do they think THEY wore when they were younger? That's what really grinds me! Loads of friends have made comments "oh yeah, you use those kinds of nappies don't you?" - YOU HAD TERRIES ON WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE :x :x :x Gah, they're so annoying. I'd rather not live with landfills round my house full of stinking dispicables thank you very much!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:29 pm

Love this thread, it's so so true. My friend looked at me confused when I said I was gana get rid of the poo down the loo, I always get rid of the poo down the loo in disposables, it's just yuk them sitting there for a week like that eww and just think if you forget to empty the nappy bin :puke:

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:08 am

In response to 'Ewww I couldn't handle all that poo'
'Oh do you have a nanny to change your baby's disposables then?'
'er no I change her'
'So what do you do with the poo then? I mean you do clean it off with something don't you? And do you put the whole lot in the bin afterwards'
'well I use baby wipes'
Ah well the cloth nappy system is a lot simpler, you simply use a washable wipe in water - see {shows wipe} all those terry loops are really good at wiping off the poo rather than just transferring it, so in most cases you only need one or maybe two wipes, and you simply pop them in the nappy bucket with the nappy - the nappy has one of these liners {shows liner}, so you pop that in the toilet if there's poo - keeps all the smells out of your kitchen bin. Now the bucket we line with a nappy mesh {shows mesh}, so all you have to do when you want to wash them is pop the whole bag into the machine like so {demonstrates} . Meanwhile, if you'd filled your kitchen bin with disposables, you'd have to empty it and take the bin bag outside and put it into your dustbin - I expect you have to do that every day ?'
'err yes'
So all in all a lot less handling of nappies and bags of dirty ones than you currently do with disposables?

And in response to 'Oh no I couldn't use cloth nappies - too much like hard work'
I'm curious - what exactly did you find difficult about cloth nappies compared to disposables?'
'ah, no I never actually used them'
Oh I see, you're probably under the impression you have to soak them - that was in the olden days before automatic washing machines - now all we do is pop the liner which catches poo in the toilet, nappies in a mesh bag in a bucket {demonstrates mesh} and when we do a wash just shove them in the machine, bag and all, powder in machine, switch on and then hang or tumble them to dry. Lots less 'work' than having to empty the bin and put all the bin bags out - not to mention no late night rushing off to the shops as you need never run out, and best of all the containment is so good you never have to get poo off their backs or down their legs never mind washing it off their clothing

My avatar
Littlepants

Postby Littlepants » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:49 am

What I don't get is why, if it costs councils so much to dispose of disposables, and it's illegal to put poo in a household bin, do they not specify that large amounts of disposable nappies my NOT be put in your household bin, but that you have to pay for a special disposable nappy bin. If people had to pay say £40 a year for the bin, that should pay for the disposal. And then the councils would ALL have lots of money to support parents who want to use real nappies!

I can''t see that it would be difficult to implement. It's fairly obvious from the smell when there are disposable nappies in the bin, and the binmen must be aware of houses which have them in week after week. They won't empty recycling bins if they have the wrong things in, so why not nappies? All the binmen would have to do would be to not empr=ty any bin with an unreasonable filling of nappies.

Would love to hear comments on this idea!

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:55 am

The best one I've had recently, was from a friend of mine who has a daughter DDs age - 'I couldn't be doing with all the extra work of cloth, but then I suppose that since you're a SAHM, Claire, you've got to do something to fill up your days.' :shock: I was literally speechless!

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:57 pm

stormflowers wrote:The best one I've had recently, was from a friend of mine who has a daughter DDs age - 'I couldn't be doing with all the extra work of cloth, but then I suppose that since you're a SAHM, Claire, you've got to do something to fill up your days.' :shock: I was literally speechless!

WTF! ARRRGGGHHHH! Why do people think that SAHM have nothing to do, I have done both full time work and am now a sahm who swaps evenings with dh to work. I have PLENTY to do during the day and the 'hassle' of cloth means one load extra every 2 days as I have a huge stash so don't need to wash every day. I imagine that it would probably be the same as having her is dispicables full time due to pooplosions. I know that for the 3 weeks she was in sposies ft she had sooo many, including an incident where her clothes actually had to be cut off her! :puke:
We now use cloth during the day and a sposie at night so she sleeps better as we had a terrible time using cloth at night when she was little, but I think I may give it another go now she is a bit bigger. :lookround:

My avatar
babc
Clothie
Clothie

Postby babc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:32 pm

:gaah: at people thinking SAHM don't have anything to do during the day! I got asked that once & I was literally speechless :shock: Not because I had nothing to say but I just cannot believe someone could be that insensitive...

We use sposies when we're on holiday & I always flush poop down the toilet. Even if I wasn't using cloth I'd do the same as I think putting poop in your bin is just beyond gross!!!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat