Hopelessly devoted.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Hopelessly devoted.

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:00 am

to Kierens cloth bum...

Since the cheese incident, he has been having the nastiest green dihoreah (sp?) and so hubby put him into a disp on saturday in the end as it was really just gross...anyway i just cant bring myself to do it, im not anti sposies, we use them at night but i cant bring myself to use them during the day...it feels totaly wrong, even tho i know im going to have really nasty nasty nappies to deal with...they are settling down...only had 5 yesterday and its probably totaly wrecking his nappies (thank god for prefolds!)...

Mum and hubby just :roll: at me...but its habbit now...they just dont get it...

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Hopelessly devoted.

Postby joeli » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:04 am

Tis okay, I'm hopelessly devoted to cloth wipes, especially with messy poos. I can not get his bum clean with a normal wipe and I end up using half the pack. It drives me bonkers!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:09 am

Know the feeling hun, 80% of the time Soph has a gross bum and it makes me love cloth even more. On bad weeks i am doing her bum 8+ times a day and cringe how much i would be spending a week on pampers and wipes... £15+? We are on nappy 3 today and it's only 10am!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:12 am

Do you know what really made me cringe? by monday morning there was a sack full of nappies to go out to the bin! I hate to think how many are in there :( Not to mention the money...

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:14 am

megansmummy wrote:Do you know what really made me cringe? by monday morning there was a sack full of nappies to go out to the bin! I hate to think how many are in there :( Not to mention the money...

But this is a one off. Think of how many YOU have saved :wine: :wine: At the moment i am washing 30 nappies every 3 days :shock: So that would be £6.99 in pampers, and £2+ in wipes i am saving £9 every 3 days right now :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:22 pm

I had dan in sposies for a week or so and it just seemed weird. His trousers hung off him and that smell from the chemicals is gross :puke: I use sposies on a night a few nights a week just because we only have 3 night nappies and he's a mega wee er. But I just love his cloth bum, and his woolies.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Charli, its crazy isnt it? just think of all that money that people throw in the bin week after week :shock:

Emma, i know what you mean!

I would love to get K back into cloth at night but i spent a fortune on night nappies just for them to keep giving him rashes, we tried everything and i cant really afford to go down the £30 per night nappy plus wool route again...maybe i should try a standard/slinki minkee again...but then they are so huge i struggle to get pj's to go over the top :roll: but we get leakage problems overnight with sposies... :roll:
Last edited by megansmummy on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Sandy hasnt been well the past 2 days and he is in sposies (although it seems to be settling down so will be back in cloth tomorow). He just doesnt look right at all with a teey bum and his trousers are hanging off him but i was so worried all his nice nappies would end up stained - im a fruit loop they are meant to be pooped in lol. I will be very glad to have him back in cloth tomorow :) Im still using cloth wipes with the horrid green poop though, i havent bought disposable wipes for months and months and months.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:33 pm

I hate seeing Max's bum in sposies during the day. He just doesn't fill his jeans/trousers properly :giggle: Didn't realise when I first started using cloth how much I would grow to love the feel of his huge bum :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat