hf1

OK where do i start!

My avatar
teresat
Clothie
Clothie

OK where do i start!

Postby teresat » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:35 pm

So i'm new to cloth but fed up with leaky disposables. I have just bought some one size pockets and some extra little lamb inserts ans some fleece liners, but.............. How many am i gonna need how good are they have i got everything i need?? My lo is 6 months but small for his age 14lb 2oz today.
Sorry i amy be a pain in the bum asking loads of stuff but i've got the nappies and inserts just waiting for liners. I've washed and dried (30 wash witrh non bio and no softener) Also having trouble getting hold of a nappy bin for my dirties

Thanks
Teresa xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: OK where do i start!

Postby littlesez » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:01 pm

teresat wrote:So i'm new to cloth but fed up with leaky disposables. I have just bought some one size pockets and some extra little lamb inserts ans some fleece liners, but.............. How many am i gonna need how good are they have i got everything i need?? My lo is 6 months but small for his age 14lb 2oz today.
Sorry i amy be a pain in the bum asking loads of stuff but i've got the nappies and inserts just waiting for liners. I've washed and dried (30 wash witrh non bio and no softener) Also having trouble getting hold of a nappy bin for my dirties

Thanks
Teresa xx

what make are the pockets? most pockets have a stay dry inner so you might not need the fleece. But depends on if you buying anymore nappies.

how good are they? pockets are only as good as what you stuff them with what inserts have you got?

how many do you need? depend on how often you want to wash and whats your drying situation?

napy bin- just go to DIY or pound shop and get any large lidded bucket

ask away x

My avatar
sexyjacksparrow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sexyjacksparrow » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi hun,

I'm pretty new to cloth too so not sure how much help I will be! I would say it depends how often you want to wash nappies as to how many you need. Pockets tend to dry pretty quickly so enough for how ever many days you want between washes plus one extra day to allow for drying should be fine. So if you LO uses 6 nappies a day for example and you want to wash every second day, then you'd want maybe three days worth of nappies - so 6x3 is 18.

For a nappy bin, I don't use a 'proper' one but got a lidded storage bucket from a cheapie shop in town - I think it was about £5 and is 21L. Perfect for holding 2-3 days worth of nappies, which is generally how many you'd want in a washload. Wilkinsons do one that's really bright and meant for toy storage that's about £4 as well - this one http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Plastic-St ... K52Q%3D%3D

I find I don't need to change Xavier any more often in cloth than disposables (though have to confess not braved it for overnight yet!!). He's younger than your LO but weighs 12lb 14oz so not dissimilar size. I find I still have to have everything on tightest set of poppers though as he's long and skinny - leg gape is a problem otherwise!

HTH

My avatar
teresat
Clothie
Clothie

Postby teresat » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 pm

they are rom the nappy company and have a 3 layer insert??? says they gave a stay dry layer so maybe won't need the liners plus i bought some little lamb nighttime liners. The pockets are big enough to hold both liner.

I haven't tried them on him yet. I'm dying to get started i'v become a bit obsessed and always looking at nappies. think i've got about 11 so far. i washed the others yesterday and put them on the airer and they were dry this morning and once weather picks up be better.
xx

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Hey Hun, i've bought a few of the nappy co ones for a pregnant friend and have been using one in the name of research 1st :oops: I can use the included insert and a LL bamboo one for about 3 hours on my 1 year old girl and i've actually found it really useful to have the leg snaps seperate from the waist ones unlike most of my one size pockets!

They are fleece lined and stay dry but I also use a fleece liner as I find it easier to deal with poos.

I would say that it sounds like you could do with a few more but i'd try them first and make sure they suit your LO's shape before bulk buying.

Good luck! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat