hf1

Twins! Advice needed! shaped nappies for teeny babies?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Twins! Advice needed! shaped nappies for teeny babies?

Postby JanX » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:43 pm

I used a mixture of Diddy Diapers and xs Motherease Sandies under xs motherease wraps, or cotton bottoms (don;t think you can get them anymore though)

I found they worked well for us (my girls were 6lb 5oz and 5lb 7oz at birth)

The diddy diapers aren't the prettiest nappies around but they did the job and you can pick up preloved ones very reasonably :wink:

I had a couple of xs fuzzi binz but in all honesty I'm not a fan of pockets on newborns (they never seemed to contain the poo very well :giggle: ), also not a fan of onesize nappies so can't help there sorry!

I can recommend getting your hands on some terry squares, I had about 20 bamboo terry squares and used them a lot, some as nappies inside the wraps when newborns, some as burp cloths, then as they got older I used them as additional boosters in night nappies or inside pocket nappies.

Jan x

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:16 am

Although not a twin I cloth bummed a baby boy who was just over 5lb and would highly recommend the XS AIO bumgenius. I had two newborns in the house, mine a week older than this lad so wanted quick and simple and the BG AIOs were that and they are bloke proof (no wraps, no messing just put them on) They also managed really well with poop, I cant say they were perfect as we did have a few little leaks out the legs when he was very very tiny but once he bulked up a little no problems.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:43 am

The other thing I would throw in is terry squares :wink: A lot of people don't get on with the folding etc, but I used them for the first year on my youngest and they were excellent for quick drying. I used to put them on in the evening and hang them over the radiator racks before bed and they'd be dry in the morning, so for twins they'd be very good to use for the amount you'll have to wash/get dry. I used them with Motherease wraps and they were fab, you can get different sizes too, I bought 60x60 large ones as I just folded them down to fit, but you can get 30x30's or 40x40's for ickle babies :D If you want to use pocket nappies then xs fuzzi's are fab as well :D

My avatar
twinny11
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby twinny11 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks everyone for all your comments! I can't tell you how reassuring it is to have other mummys to bounce off of, I think i'd drive myself mad otherwise!
The babas have been booting about in there for a while but the last couple of days i've actually been able to see my tummy move about too! :shock: very surreal! wonderful! but surreal, it's my first pregnancy and to think there's TWO little people in my tummy is turning my head to mush a bit! It's all getting very real now and it won't be long and they'll be here!!

I managed to get some cheap cheap diddy diapers off ebay last night and a couple of wraps to start off my collection but definitely going to get some terry squares and prefolds to bump it up with as well as a few more shaped nappies!

I have a sample bumgenius and it is lush so I will definitely keep my eyes open for some more cheap seconds but can't afford to go mad with those until the boys get a bit bigger.

:)

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:18 pm

I don't have twins but a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old who have been cloth bummed from birth (both 6lb born dropping to 5lb). I found XS sandys the best (and you can get them very cheap pre-loved), we also used diddy diapers and size 0 bimbles. The bimbles were more absorbent than the sandys but not very quick drying in my honest opinion. I also used 40cm bamboo terries and the jo fold.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:41 pm

I loved the diddy daipers, both applix and nippa versions and found that bambino mio wraps were pretty good as they are nicely fitted round the leg gusset, I found bimbles a bit too bulky but loved the old style bamboozles by tots bots. Congrats on your bundles!

My avatar
princess_bec
Clothie
Clothie

Postby princess_bec » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 pm

I had twins 12 weeks ago, used bum genius from day one and Issy bear and Monk and bear. My twins we 6 1/2 pounds. I also had my two year old in cloth at the same time and managed ok to keep up with all the washes etc so don't feel to daunted :) and good luck xxx

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:12 pm

I've been stash building for bump, and the trimmest teeny nappies I've got to date are definitely Teenyfits and Mothercare Smart Nappies in size newborn (all in ones)- Teenyfits are relatively expensive, but you can pick Smart Nappies up quite cheaply, particularly on eBay - and as they don't need wraps they'll be quite trim under clothes whereas fitteds and wraps can be on the bulky side unless you use fitteds with wool longies as a clothing layer.

Just thought, actually Rumparooz Lil' Joey's are TINY but they're also quite expensive. Would be perfect on ickle twins though.

Here's a pic showing some newborn Smart Nappies (white) next to Lil' Joey's (blue) and a small Blueberry (orange):

My avatar
twinny11
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby twinny11 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Frances wrote:I've been stash building for bump, and the trimmest teeny nappies I've got to date are definitely Teenyfits and Mothercare Smart Nappies in size newborn (all in ones)- Teenyfits are relatively expensive, but you can pick Smart Nappies up quite cheaply, particularly on eBay - and as they don't need wraps they'll be quite trim under clothes whereas fitteds and wraps can be on the bulky side unless you use fitteds with wool longies as a clothing layer.

Just thought, actually Rumparooz Lil' Joey's are TINY but they're also quite expensive. Would be perfect on ickle twins though.

Here's a pic showing some newborn Smart Nappies (white) next to Lil' Joey's (blue) and a small Blueberry (orange):

Oh I love those lil' joeys! I'm stash building like mad, ebay is brilliant for picking up bundles!

Thanks again everyone :)

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat