hf1

We're now cd'ing in the day.but none of her clothes fit!

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: We're now cd'ing in the day.but none of her clothes fit!

Postby nappynutter » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:06 pm

We use wool full-time so never have a problem with trousers fitting.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:10 pm

I have to say I found Next trousers very small too, and some M&S one's.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:59 pm

How about trying Freecycle/Treecycle for some trousers in bigger sizes? Also, soft trousers like jogging bottoms or jersey fabric trousers bit over cloth bums much more comfortably than jeans.

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Louise wrote:
babiesgalore+1more wrote:she is 14 months but well in 12-18 next jeans on loosest setting round the waist,even in a sposie,despite being a 50th centile baby!

I find Next the worst for trousers I'm afraid. My DDs could never wear them when they were in cloth. (and they're not very big either). We just stuck with leggings, dresses and skirts when she wasn't wearing wool.

WSS ^^ :D

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:20 pm

my dd is 14months and around the 50th centile - and I have no probs - she wears bgs and 12-18 jeans from next/asda/tesco and 18-24month vests. I like putting her in dresses though - so then it's just tights - though she must be tall as loads of them end up looking like a vest :giggle:

never had a prob with ds either, only when he PT and now does a moony on frequent occasions :hohoho:

How about selling on what doesn't work to fund some more bits for her? Or let her wear her sisters clothes...I know that my kids aren't that different in size apart from leg length!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:28 pm

Both my boys are slim so when they were in cloth the 'right' age from Next and M&S was fine for them. I always found supermarket clothes much bigger though. It was much more of a struggle when they PT'd as nothing would stay up. Can't wait for warm weather so I can get Finn into shorts and then he can go down a size or two!

I think with a girl I'd go for dresses or leggings and avoid the issue. Hope you have some luck on treecycle.

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 pm

hmmmn, maybe the bigger issue is my fitteds then?! what's that you say...i need to go and invest in some wn pockets?!! :giggle:

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:13 pm

go on then think of the money that you'll save on not buying new clothes :wink:

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 pm

ha ha ha! No, i'd never convince DH to let me do it! I may just have to 'accidently' order one or 2 every payday instead until we have a nice stash :lookround: It IS a long term investment really as the bump will also be able to use them when he comes too so long as i get gn ones... :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat