hf1

PUL issues :(

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

PUL issues :(

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Sandy has been getting a sore bum on and off for a while. I was using fitteds and wool / fleece 95% of the time up until his birthday and then i bought some easyfits to go along with the wn pockets we have so i could put him in normal trousers sometimes. Anyways, the rash seems to clear up if i avoid the pockets and all in ones for a while :( I love him in wool but i like having the option to have him in normal trousers sometimes, are his easyfits doomed now?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: PUL issues :(

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:50 pm

This is what happened with K but oddly enough he was ok with a fitted and PUL wrap but it was PUL pockets/AIO's that gave him rashes...

WHat about rotating it so that he wears fitteds and wool when your at home/not fussed about him being in 'clothes' and then the easyfits when you want him to wear trousers?

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 am

This is part of our problem too...we have found Aoife is allergic to the minkee espeically so can only werar her Weenotions for 1 day then we have to be in fitteds for the next 3 or so....we now only use our pockets when we 'have' to

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:00 am

Thats what ive been doing too, he only wears normal trousers maybe once or twice a week, but that one day seems to really flare thing up :( Mum had some sposies left at her house yesterday so i took a couple home so i could slaver him in sudocream and its looking better already. Its just so annoying :( I remember someone suggested trying interlock soakers over fitteds under normal trousers but im not sure if i would trust it when he is such a heavy wetter. I dont have any large wraps to try on him either, but his thighs are quite sore not just his bottom so i dont think that would be the answer either.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:10 am

Could it be the liners of the pockets/AIOs that he is reacting to rather than the PUL?

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:18 am

we have this problem with Aimie too :( we use fitted's and wool pretty much all the time but have a couple of cute pockets that I use very occasionally. within about half an hour of puting her in to a pocket she comes up with blisters and open sores :shock:
that happened for a while with just pockets but after a while she started getting it in fitted's too. We ditched the minky and fleece liners/lined pockets and satrted using paper liners and it has all cleared up.

Unfortunately OH put a minky pocket on her the other day so she has it back again now so I am using metanium (sp) and it's getting better again

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:35 am

I use the same fleece liners in all my nappies so i dont think it can be that, when we have tried paper ones in the past we havent got on great with them. Its just really annoying, we never had thos problemwhen we originally started using cloth as he was mainly in pockets or aios at that time.

I guess it wouldnt do any harm to try the paper liners again, im going to our local nappuchino on saturday so can pick some up then.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:15 pm

we never had any issues in the beginning, it wasn't until Aimie was 1 that we started getting this problem and until then we used mostly pockets. She has developed an allergy to the fleece and minky though because we tried some brand new liners and had the same issue :cry:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 pm

Have you had to abandome the pockets completely now then Michelle? :cry:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat