hf1

Arghh why doesn't she tell me!

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Arghh why doesn't she tell me!

Postby 123princesssammie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Getting so frustrated ATM Becausr alesha just doesn't tell me when she has pooed, I dnt have a great sense of smell so I cnt smell it, it's getting that bad she is constantly sore, it can't be comfortable so why won't she tell me

2hours ago I put her in a mutt, fleece soaker, vest (left unpoppered) and a fleece sleepsuit, in that time she has drunk about 8oz of juice so I have just gone to check her too find she is saturated I mean the vest was dripping wet right upto the armpit and yep you guessed it she had pooed and now has 3 patches of red raw flesh, bleeding etc about the size of 5p, this must have hurt, and been uncomfortable considering how wet her vest was, I just can't understand why she doesn't say anything , she quick enough to tell
Me her hands are mucky or something :x just so frustrating, and this is why I keep telling my family there is no chance of her pottying soon x

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Arghh why doesn't she tell me!

Postby choccylisa » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:00 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: Steven was like that, but he was just plum lazy :roll: She'll get there, she just needs time. Steven was 3 and a half before he pt'd during the day as he just kept doing the same.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:22 pm

I totally know how you feel, I keep think M might be ready - she watches when I go to the bathroom, and is interested in knickers and so on, but she will not tell me, even when she's sore. It's awful because as you say it causes her pain/discomfort, but it is a clear sign she's not ready.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:47 am

:hug: Lili was the same, right up until she PL'd - she would often go and hide when she had a poo, never told us/asked to be changed, and if we asked her if she'd done one would say no and run away! :lol: She didn't get as sore as Alesha though, that's awful :(
I took it as a sign that she wasn't really ready to PL too (that and that when I asked her if she wanted to use her potty she would say "nooooooo!!"), but she got a bad infection down below that I just couldn't clear up, and when we eventually decided to just leave her nappy-free one afternoon she started using the potty on her own, must have just decided she was ready :mrgreen:. She was 2 3/4, I didn't want to rush it and have all the stress of setbacks and accidents, and I was really glad we waited - the sores might be a good reason to give it another go, though!

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:58 am

I really dnt think she will grasp it tbh, I try to give her nappy free time every eve to let her bottom breath and heal a little, and there is always a potty in the room but everything ends up on the floor, only after does she realise, and placing her on potty/toilet and regular times doesn't work cause she will just kick off, she is only just two and was late with everything , am sure she will just click one day

I'm just struggling to clear her poor bottom up, must remember to get some eggs today and use that as that's already had the best results x

My avatar
sezzlebum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sezzlebum » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Aimee is only 17 months but she doesnt have any tell tale signs of having a poo, she doesnt tell me, doesnt grunt or stand looking at one spot in the room, or go red, i usually just catch a whiff and sort her out, they are very potent lol
what ive started doing now is making a big deal of her poos, like ewwwwww pooooeeeey, have you pooed... that kinda thing, so im hoping that she'll put the 2 together and start shouting poooeeey when shes dumped

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:12 pm

Lily doesnt fuss, shes only 13 months but if I say "have you done a poo?" she puts her hands down to her bum and then she wanders over to the stair gate if i tell her im going to change her, i think it may be because they know they will have to lay still and be changed, maybe they just dont want to be :roll:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:53 pm

roo will say yeah if i ask him if he has did a poo but sayx nothing before at all. Last week he soaked his nappy and it leaked all down his legs but yet still nothing was said. He'only 20months though.
I find camomile tea good for sore bums.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat