hf1

Wicking

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Wicking

Postby jules070603 » Fri May 30, 2008 2:30 pm

D0 y0u get wicking with velvet and minki??

Just w0ndering as we get it with c0tt0n 0uters but seem fine with velvet and minki but 0ther pe0ple seem t0 have pr0blems with them.

Was chatting t0 a friend yesterday ab0ut my nappies and she was asking ab0ut the minki and velvet wee n0ti0ns, I said n0 pr0blem with wicking but n0w I'm w0ndering if I sh0uld say s0me pe0ple have pr0blems.

What d0 y0u think?

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Wicking

Postby Natalie » Fri May 30, 2008 2:44 pm

I personally think its all down to the stuffing, i used to always get leaks on my pockets them finally discovered a combo of inserts that are bullet proof for us and we havent had any leaks since. I did have a w/n minkee that did leak but since i discovered it was more my stuffing issues than the pocket itself x

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Fri May 30, 2008 2:48 pm

Natalie wrote:I personally think its all down to the stuffing, i used to always get leaks on my pockets them finally discovered a combo of inserts that are bullet proof for us and we havent had any leaks since. I did have a w/n minkee that did leak but since i discovered it was more my stuffing issues than the pocket itself x

What is that combo then?? :lol: Only asking because we seem to get some slight wicking eventhough the front and back of the inserts are still totally dry... I have mf with bamboo underneath.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:49 pm

I found from about 18 months with Lockie we got more and more wicking with all pockets no matter what they were stuffed with. Cotton outers being the worst offenders but minkee, velvet and even plain PUL outers do wick on him after 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I think the problem is he tends to do huge wees all concentrated in one spot and you can only front stuff so much.

My worst nappy for wicking on him is the side snap Blueberry actually.

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Natalie » Fri May 30, 2008 5:28 pm

An easypeasy 2.00 hemp insert with a microfibre one :-) funny enought i was using bamboo inserts prior which always leaked as i dont like big bulky pockets and this combo is slim and bombproof for us x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri May 30, 2008 5:32 pm

My weenotions cow-print pocket (velboa) used to wick, until Bella grew a little so it fit better and I changed the stuffing combo to microfibre and hemp. I personally find bamboo doesn't work too well, and if I use bamboo, I would replace the MF rather than the hemp. So would have bamboo and hemp comboo.

The only bamboo I have left is in the combo inserts from WN and I always add hemp to that too.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Fri May 30, 2008 6:45 pm

I've not had any problems with either, for ds i stuff them with a cotton bottoms prefold (he wears them at night although he's dry most of the time again now).
For dd i stuff them with bamboo and hemp jersey.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat