My avatar
poppysmum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Help - I feel like a newbie all over again lol

Postby poppysmum » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi ladies

I need help lol

Have decided to use cloth again on baby number 3, but only started using cloth on Poppy at about 4/5 months and by then she was in mediums or BTP so no idea where to start building up a newborn stash!?

I was a proper addict with Poppy as anyone who knows me from old will rememeber and had quite an admirable stash but this time I need to be practical and sensible as money is tighter and I cant afford to get carried away buying pretty/ or desirabke must have nappies lol.

I started out with onelife nappies with Poppy then moved on very quickly to Rainbow tots when I discovered the colours lol and in no time at all she was in all makes and designs of both fitted and pockets lol.

Been looking at sandies, little lambs and onelifes again but not really sure what people rate these days?

so spam me ladies?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Help - I feel like a newbie all over again lol

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:17 pm

I am the opposite and am buying 100% WAHM this time :lol: but with my others I loved bimbles. xs sandies and diddy diapers when they were tiny as well as bamboo terries (definitely a must for bulking out the stash) Little lamb size 1s seem to be very popular too although I have never tried them.

ETA there's a couple of threads about newborn nappies here and here too. :D

My avatar
poppysmum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby poppysmum » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:13 pm

very taken with the cuteness of sandys!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:01 am

I love bamboo LLs, fluffy, cute absorbent, good fit, and then can be prettied up with nice wool/pretty wraps.

Sandies are very popular so I imagine good but I hated them, I found the fit really bad.

I've never used an MEOS/onelife/popolini OS so I really can't comment on them however my SIL got a load on freecycle and has used them on her LO since she was rather tiny, 3 weeks maybe, with no problems

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:40 pm

These look fab for a budget WAHM purchase $58.50 for 6 and you can choose the fabric type, snap colours and thread colours.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:42 pm

I didn't like sandies - but XS bimbles and bambeasies I rate very highly as newborn nappies...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:43 pm

Louise wrote:These look fab for a budget WAHM purchase $58.50 for 6 and you can choose the fabric type, snap colours and thread colours.

Oh now they're cute!

My avatar
poppysmum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby poppysmum » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:41 am

I love them but both my babies have been nearly 9 lbs born so wondering if newborn will be a cost effective buy?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:14 pm

not tried cloth on a newborn :( but I can rate bamboo LL's :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat