hf1

My newborn stash so far - how's it looking?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

My newborn stash so far - how's it looking?

Postby rachymoo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:07 pm

I have been buying teeny nappies here and there ready for bump's arrival (which hopefully won't be too much longer! :waiting: ). I never used cloth on DD as a newborn as I only 'discovered' it when she was a little bit older, so I'm a bit clueless! All you lovely ladies who know more than me, what do you think? This is what I have so far (most of it I have already received, with the odd couple that haven't arrived yet):

AIOs/pockets
3 x Totsbots Teenyfits
1 x Bumgenius AIO size small
2 x Swaddlebees pockets size small (not got these yet but should arrive in next few days)
1 x Bumgenius V3 **I know this is a one-size, so this won't be suitable at first will it? Too big/bulky?**

Fitteds
1 x Little Lamb microfibre size 1
2 x Little Lamb bamboo size 1
2 x cotton Diddy Diapers size 1 (1 aplix, 1 nippa)
1 x microterry Diddy Diaper size 1 (nippa)
2 x Bimbles (nippa)
3 x Motherease Sandys size XS
1 x Motherease Sandy size S
1 x unknown newborn fitted
1 x Lucy's Hope Chest newborn fitted (not got this yet but should arrive in next few days)
1 x Orange Diaper Co (used to be known as Scuttlebutts) custom fitted size XS (but this wont arrive for a few weeks so baby might get here first, lol)
1 x Orange Diaper Co custom one-size fitted (again, not arriving for a while and also a one-size so again may be too big/bulky at first??)
1 x Orange Diaper Co BV terry square (not used terries/prefolds before but these looked so yummy and soft I couldnt resist ordering one :oops: )

Wraps/covers
2 x Little Lamb wraps size 1 (one hasn't arrived yet but should be here soon)
3 x fleece soakers size small
1 x Totsbots fleece wrap size 0

What do you think? I think I need a few more wraps/soakers don't I? Just need to be careful as I'm running low on funds now.. still need to order bump's small WNSS once I finally decide which design! :D

I'm also not sure whether to get a couple more AIO/pockets (aka 'man friendly' nappies) - DP tends to moan about the 'complicated' nappies! He's doesn't even have a clue what a nippa is yet, so I'll need to break that news to him soon :giggle: actually I'm not brilliant with nippas myself so need to have a practice I think.

I think I'll have to wash at least every other day (if not more often) with this size stash won't I... that'll be fine I guess, I can't really afford a bigger stash right now! Unfortunately I don't have a tumble dryer but hopefully the weather will get warmer soon!

I do have a few one-size nappies which I currently use on DD (Coolababy, eBay pockets, BG, Totsbots Stretchies/Fluffles etc) but the baby could also 'share' iygwim, but again, these won't be suitable at first will they?

Sorry for the looong waffle - any advice/opinions appreciated :D

Rach xx

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: My newborn stash so far - how's it looking?

Postby choccylisa » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Looks fab to me :wine: I'll say this - I had 24 terry nappies that I used for the first year of Kellans life and 3 PUL wraps, and I washed every three days. But they dried so quickly overnight over the radiator it wasn't too bad. So if you're going to do every two days with an average of a day to dry, then just make sure you have 24-30 nappies :wink:

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:37 pm

we used just BG AIO's for the newborn stage and they were fab, sounds like you've got a good mix of nappies for all shapes there tho. size 1 little lambs are fab for night. Coolababies don't fit until about 5 months old, BG onesize fit from about 9lb but can be a bit bulky.

ooh you must be excited, i still look at newborn fluff on the classifieds and i'm not even thinking about TTC :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:15 am

looks good :D i would get some more terries super cheap and FAB more newborn stage :wink: and your little lamb wrap went 1st class today :D

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 am

I would get a few smallnprefolds just to bulk things out a bit. I thought I had loads of nappies but I didn't realise how often dd would need changing and we are only 4 days in lol. I dsnt think I would like prefolds a I can e a bit of a nappy snob with ds' stash, but i actually love them!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:43 am

I agree with the other ladies, you definitely need quite a few more nappies and probably wraps too I'm afraid, unlesss you want to end up washing every day. My children virtually had a dirty nappy at every feed so in the early weeks we would sometimes go through more than 8 nappies a day. Definitely get some terries or prefolds to bulk out your stash.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:46 am

I would probably boost your stash with some bamboo prefolds - you can always use them later as inserts/boosters :) I would get a few more wraps too, even though they dry really quickly, get a few explosive poo's and thats half your wraps that will need to be washed :?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:16 am

Yep I would get more tiny nappies...Darcie is a week old today and diddys, sandies, little lambs etc are all far too big for her and would be sat right on her cord at the moment so we arnt using them... at the moment we are using 12 teenyfits, 12 xs owe whoa when fitteds and a lot of newborn swaddlebees! I have 5 pul thirsties duo size 1 which are a lovely fit under her cord too :)

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:12 am

Hmm yes I really do need some more nappies don't I. Louise my DD was the same, she used to poop at every feed so if this one is the same then I DEFINITELY need more :giggle:

I'm on the lookout for some more Teenyfits as I know they are DP's favourites (well, obviously we've not used any of the newborn stash yet but he says he wishes they were all like that as he doesn't like the 'fiddly' ones - i.e. ones that need a wrap/soaker! God help him when it comes to prefolds :hohoho: ), hmm what other good AIOs/pockets are there for newborns, anyone know?

Ooh Tory so Sandys etc are too big? Eeek, I never thought of that... :-? what size are your Sandys? I have some size XS too?

I think I am going to have to brave it and get some terries/prefolds (are they the same thing...? :oops: ). Can anyone recommend some good ones? I saw some basic Junior Joy ones somewhere but I'm guessing they aren't much good? What bamboo ones are good and where is best to buy them from?

I'll get some more wraps too. As above, so far I only have Little Lamb, Totsbots (fleece) and fleece soakers, so I'll get some others. I think I'll get a couple of Motherease (Rikki and/or Airflow) as I like them and still use them on DD now, so are Thirsties a good bet too? What about Totsbots (PUL)? Again, any recommendations would be fab.

So sorry about all the questions, god I feel like a newbie all over again! :oops:

littlesez wrote:looks good :D i would get some more terries super cheap and FAB more newborn stage :wink: and your little lamb wrap went 1st class today :D

Ahh thank you :D oh and thank you so much for the nippas, that was lovely of you! :hug:

Rach xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat