hf1

Tummy sleeping - leaking

My avatar
jebcorinne
Clothie
Clothie

Tummy sleeping - leaking

Postby jebcorinne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:05 pm

My daughter has just started turning on her tummy to sleep and now she is leaking badly every night even though the back of the insert is still dry. I suppose I could try boosting more at the front but I dont have much more room in the pocket to boost. So frustrating, only just managed to get the absorbancy right for night and now this happens :gaah:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Tummy sleeping - leaking

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:08 pm

how old is your little one? i found pockets terrible for dd as she always slept on her front. and lying with legs straight they had a good seal, but as soon as she was in froggy position, the pockets gaped. this went on until she started getting a little bit of fat on her at around 6 months. i had to do fitteds with a wrap/wool/fleece on top for night time.

if it is that, adding another booster will most likely make the gaping worse, at least that's what i found.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:14 pm

What are you using for stuffing? Just a thought but it might help to make sure you have plenty of fast absorbing stuff in there - eg microfibre nearer to her, then something slower - eg hemp nearer the wrap? That might help the wetness move along the nappy and not just stright through.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Could you just fold the insert so that there's more at the front?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Tell us how old your baby is, what nappies you are using & what you are stuffing them with & we might be able to help you come up with a solution

My avatar
2Spangly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby 2Spangly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:56 pm

I am having a similar problem with my tummy sleeping boy. I have tried a few different pocket nappies very well padded ones with extra bamboo layers. Disposables don't work for us either. Happy to invest in a few new nappies if anyone has any ideas.
Thanks

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:50 pm

my DD started sleeping on her tummy about 10 months old and we had the same problem for a couple of nights. I just folded the inserts in half so that they were all at the front. As others have said try having the fast absorbing stuff at the front, then the other inserts further back.

We use fitteds and wool at night too, have never tried pockets overnight, but the best ones only last 3 hours during the day for us.

the other thing you can try is making sure you only put the night nappy on when they are ready to go to bed, DD wees a lot last thing before bed after having her tea and then milk, so we always put a night nappy on literally 5 mins before bed.

HTH

My avatar
2Spangly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby 2Spangly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:55 pm

I have been trying the nappy last thing before bed which works on some nights - literally 30 seconds before bed! Maybe the pockets are not the best thing and we need to look at all in ones?
Whats the wool bit? might be being a bit slow :)

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:58 pm

2Spangly wrote:I have been trying the nappy last thing before bed which works on some nights - literally 30 seconds before bed! Maybe the pockets are not the best thing and we need to look at all in ones?
Whats the wool bit? might be being a bit slow :)

You would probably be better with a fitted rather than an all in one. and by wool, we mean either a wool soaker or wool longies. They can be used as a nappy cover instead of a PUL wrap. they allow some of the moisture to evaporate from the nappy during the night, and most ppl with heavy wetters prefer wool instead of PUL wraps as they are more reliable at stopping leaks

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat