hf1

Making fleece liners

My avatar
twm
Clothie
Clothie

Making fleece liners

Postby twm » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:09 am

I like fleece liners but they seem really expensive assuming you need to use one per prefold/fitted. I thought perhaps I could just buy a metre of fleece and cut my own, but do they need the edges sowing (my sewing machine died recently and can't afford to replace right now) and does it matter whether I buy thick/thin fleece ("double" or "single" microfleece)?

Any other tips gratefully received :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Making fleece liners

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:48 am

Absolutely a lot cheaper to do it yourself!

I'm not sure of the type of fleece, the stuff I used was fairly thick (but not like heavy weight fleece jackets thick). So I'm presuming it was single fleece, perhaps someone else can help.

I got much more luxurious liners that covered my nappies totally doing them myself too! I basically got a peice ofr paper and cut around my nappy then cut in a bit then trimmed and just adjusted til I had a shape I was happy with and and used that as a template. The other option is to use one you already have. The thing I didnt' like with normal ones was that there were some bits of baby missed by the liner so doing it how I did you don't get that!

twm wrote:ut do they need the edges sowing

No they dont' need sewing as fleece doesn't fray so you just need to cut and that is it!

Good luck :D

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:06 am

I did just as tory did and copied my fav liner. I just used the fleece that was available at my local fabric shop. Tho at a guess I'd say it was single

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:37 am

WTS. The cheap fleece blankets from places like Primark make good liners too.

My avatar
twm
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twm » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:59 am

great news :) I'm off to buy some fleece. thanks!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat