hf1

LL boosters or inserts?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

LL boosters or inserts?

Postby ems101 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:25 am

Im going to get some LL inserts for my BGs to help with the leaking. Looking on their site, they ahev 12 night boosters for £12 or £4 for one insert. Which would be best? Should i use my NB MF inserts with them?

I wish i had lots of money and then i could just buy lots and lots and ty them all!

xx

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: LL boosters or inserts?

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:28 am

I've not had an insert (but I think they are cotton) I have the Bamboo boosters & they are great, quite slim but absorbant and don't add bulk to pockets etc ... you will definately find lots of uses for them. I thought the Bamboo were £12 for 10? I'm not sure MF will help with leaking as the wee does tend to squeeze back out, I don't use any MF at all for this reason.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:32 am

oh yes, 12 for a tenner, my mistake! Think ill go for bamboo, maybe they wont last as long, but i think we're starting to do big wees rather than lots of little ones, so we need the absorbancy!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:42 am

ems101 wrote:oh yes, 12 for a tenner, my mistake! Think ill go for bamboo, maybe they wont last as long, but i think we're starting to do big wees rather than lots of little ones, so we need the absorbancy!

Ah I wasn't sure if there were cotton ones too ... I think Bamboo will be better, for the thickness of the MF inserts you could probably get 2 of these in!

Have you looked in classifieds to see if you can get any hemp as well ... I'd try a large hemp with a smaller bamboo and maybe a piece of zorb (you can buy a nappy cut quite cheaply from Lush Tush and chop it up yourself)

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:04 am

got my LL bamboo boosters, they are lurrrrvly!! So should i use two of them instead of an MF insert or will just one do? Hubs is against buying second hand nappies or inserts, and i think ive hit my nappy buying limit for now.

Thanks for all the advice!

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:06 pm

ems101 wrote:Im going to get some LL inserts for my BGs to help with the leaking. Looking on their site, they ahev 12 night boosters for £12 or £4 for one insert. Which would be best? Should i use my NB MF inserts with them?

I wish i had lots of money and then i could just buy lots and lots and ty them all!

xx

If you were looking at the LL pocket nappy inserts, they are bamboo as well :D

They are like a prefold - you fold them in three to use in the pocket nappies.

If you decide to try them out as well as your boosters, make sure you buy the size 2 ones !

My avatar
fluffpuffin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffpuffin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:22 pm

I use the LL bamboo boosters in my BG's - I usually put it underneath the big BG insert and it adds another hour or so.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat