hf1

Have old style totsbots been superseded?

My avatar
kiwigirl
Clothie
Clothie

Have old style totsbots been superseded?

Postby kiwigirl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi

I haven't had much to do with nappies since my son was toilet trained 5 years ago so was wondering whether the old style tots bots are still in demand? I have hung onto my nappies in case we decided to have any more children but now we are definite that we won't so I am wondering whether it is worth trying to sell my tots bots? I have loads of size 1 tots bots that are barely worn because he had almost grown out of them by the time I got started on cloth, plus a few motherease wraps. Do you think it is worth listing them on the classified board here or do they no longer sell? All the nappies listed on there look so much more colourful than my plain tots bots! Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this topic!

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Have old style totsbots been superseded?

Postby scarlet » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Well there is no harm in listing them! Not everyone is after "pretty" nappies! Id stick them up , you have nothing to lose! :hug:

My avatar
kiwigirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kiwigirl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:30 pm

OK I will give it a try then, just wasn't sure if everyone would have moved onto the newer versions but you are right, someone may like a bargain and I found they were fine for us. I have no idea what they would be worth though, do you think I should just ask for offers? Presumably the wraps could be used with the newer nappies so may be worth more?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:33 pm

I've just sold a cheap package of 7 old style bamboo tots bots and 3 wraps for 15 (I think it was) with postage on top. I think if you don't expect to get too much for them they will sell.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Have a look on the classifieds here viewforum.php?f=57 and see if anyone is selling something similar to gauge the price. Or just ask for offers! :wine:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Lots of people still use plain fitteds like tots and ll. I did - I don't get fancy fitteds, because you cover them with a wrap!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat