hf1

Bleeding tummy button

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Bleeding tummy button

Postby charlibunny » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:28 am

The cord fell off about 6 days ago but his button is still bleeding. When I put a wrap under it, it still catches, even a xs with a cord dip. Am I better to use a bigger wrap but looser? Really struggling here as we only have 5 nappies with a cord snap, the rest go over his tummy. I can't even see how a sposie would work as folded down would rub too.
Should it still be bleeding at 2 weeks?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Bleeding tummy button

Postby evansmummy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:30 am

Noahs only stopped bleeding a week ago..tbh I put wool over it and his teenyfits, I didn't fold down.. :oops:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:49 am

I was thinking that the damp of his teenyfits would bother it? The hv is coming in a bit and I'm sacred she will say I'm making it infected or something. I'm so cross I only got a few nappies with umb snaps, I thought xs would sit below his cord but I was wrong.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:56 am

I only had one with umbisnap hun, and I just put all of his nappies over the top of the cord from day one and it was fine. I did nipper his diddy diapers lower tho and put wool over his belly button

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:56 am

charlibunny wrote:I was thinking that the damp of his teenyfits would bother it? The hv is coming in a bit and I'm sacred she will say I'm making it infected or something. I'm so cross I only got a few nappies with umb snaps, I thought xs would sit below his cord but I was wrong.

I also just put the teenyfits over once the cord had dropped- I cleaned it & used Calcium Powder to help dry it (not sure it's the done thing, but it's the only thing that ever sorted all of mines)...

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:03 am

Jake's bled and was sore for a while after it dropped off. When it was really sore, I just put a dab of metanium on it. That also helps keep the moisture away.

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:09 am

do you want me to put umbi snaps on you other xs? It'll be easy to do.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:33 am

You would have to do a same day service Kelly, lol. I don't have enough to be without them. Might be a bit hard as Sophie has chicken pox too.
Looks like I will just carry on putting nappies over it and pray it doesn't get infected. My hv looks for any old excuse to make me feel like a bad mum.

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:35 am

charlibunny wrote:You would have to do a same day service Kelly, lol. I don't have enough to be without them. Might be a bit hard as Sophie has chicken pox too.
Looks like I will just carry on putting nappies over it and pray it doesn't get infected. My hv looks for any old excuse to make me feel like a bad mum.

I could come round and do them. Lily needs to have chicken pox so I wouldn't mind the pox.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat