hf1

Thinking about giving up cloth. update pg 3!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Thinking about giving up cloth. update pg 3!

Postby megansmummy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:06 am

Never thought I would-be typing this!! :(

I'm loving Darcies little fluff and I have small dnf's ordered in the co-op and woollies in the works too but I'm just finding the constant washing, putting together etc of nappies a drain on my already stretched daily jobs list and I don't know what else I can let go to simplify things instead...

Don't get me wrong I'm keeping up with it but I feel like something needs to give a bit...I know there are people with more children than me that cope but I guess Im losing the love :(

Also the waiting times etc get ne down...when I need nappies NEED them and having to order slots months in advance to make sure they Can be made in time is also getting frustrating now too...

I just want Darcies bum covered without it having give a big planned deal...

Massive ramble rant but I had to share with people who would understand :(
Last edited by megansmummy on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Thinking about giving up cloth.

Postby chocmuffin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:15 am

:hug: Totally understand.

I've felt like that sometime too but I wouldn't give my DH the pleasure of saying I told you so :giggle: I also love my fluff too much & they don't have another use so wouldn't have a reason to keep them :(

I use sposies at night which cuts down my need to wash every day to every other day. I also use them when we go out for the day to cut down on baggage.

Hope you can come to some happy medium :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:24 am

i can totally understand the washing / putting together thing. I remember when ben was born and i had charlotte in nappies too, i was so relieved when she pt'd and it lightened the load a bit.

I just remind myself of the reasons for using cloth. For me money savings was a massive thing, especially as i had already paid out for all the nappies. The rubbish was the other, whenever i have used sposies, i have hated the site of all that rubbish, so it spurs me on. It will get easier.

I have to admit that i don't understand the leadtime problem though. With the exception of wee notions, we just used 'off the shelf' nappies on both of ours without problems and many were one sizes so lasted. I am sooooo out of the loop on nappy trends though!

Like i say, it will definately get easier, so perhaps as pp said, you could compromise a bit for now.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:28 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: I think we all go through phases of not feeling the love. I'm going through a similar phase myself. DD can basically out-wee every nappy we have in about an hour. The constant washing/changing wet clothes (2 or 3 sets a day often) plus assembling the nappies again is getting to me. I know we'd probably get on better with fitteds (we use pockets and prefolds) but I simply cannot afford to do buy a whole new stash, even if I buy preloved. She's also having the most toxic teething poo at the moment too and what with being pregnant as well, I just can't cope with rinsing her pooey nappies in the toilet 5+ times a day. She has been in sposies for a couple of days. I just really needed a break.

There's nothing wrong with using sposies for a few days while you regroup, or using cloth most of the time but sposies when it's more convenient. I often have an 'all or nothing' mentality when it comes to cloth, but that doesn't have to be the case.

At the end of the day, you need to do what is best for you and your family. :hug: :hug:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:29 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Do what is best for you and your babas hun. Maybe a clothie break would help? But it's not a horrible thing if you start using sposies. Dawns been in nighttime pull ups for a while now because I cba to sort out her pockets :oops: :oops: :oops:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:36 am

I know the feeling Tory. I always have a basket on nappies waiting to be made up, and tbh I usually do it as the next load is washing or the shelf is empty :oops: I'm also at the point of not wanting to buy any more nappies for him - I'd rather buy yarn :oops: :giggle:

I have used and will continue to use more sposies on Jake than I ever did with Bella at this stage. I don't see the harm in them at all, but I do begrudge the extra £6-£10 a week for them if he is wearing them for a while. I then remember how much more economic cloth nappies are, even if you buy nice ones, you can always sell them on again and make at least some of the money back again, which you can't with sposies.

Do what is right for your family Tory. If that's sposies, so be it. Whilst we all appreciate the benefits of cloth, sometimes the extra time required just cannot be found. :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:37 am

honestly i think yourll regret it, its not like your going to feel the love for sposies? i worked out that i saved about £1000 :shock: for me its worth the extra work. The waiting must be frustrating :hug: i don't bother with custom nappies due to cost and waiting times maybe just get cheapie ones that are quick like little lambs or tots bots? no folding/stuffing.

I miss nappy washing :oops: send it to me :giggle:

weigh up the benefits/disadvantages and see what you come up with :hug:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:39 am

Can you simplify things a bit? So you're not having putting nappies together, and work out what goes with what? I know when I just used one type things were a lot easier. also maybe give yourself a set day off a week (or two). And if that doesnt work just take a break for a couple of weeks.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:40 am

Oh hun, could have typed it myself :hug: :hug: :hug: :( We are going through 20+ nappies every 24 hours and washing every night. I love my cloth but the washing, pegging out and putting back together is depressing me :cry: But then again if i used sposies it would be costing me almost £5 a day :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have you considered a break???
I would but pretty pointless seeing as soph allergic to sposies, so why put Stanley in them? :x

Huge hugs :hug: :hug:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat