hf1

Aggh rolling!

My avatar
TheWaterHorse
Clothie
Clothie

Aggh rolling!

Postby TheWaterHorse » Sat May 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Been happily using washables since dd was newnborn and love them. But then this week, dd suddenly learned to properly roll around the room and sleep in different positions. In the space of two days we've had two leaks out of the leg of her nappy due to sleeping on her side and a leak out of the back during a vigourous rolling around session. She was in pockets / itti bitti tutto that easily last 3 hours without all this activity.

I'm thinking I need to start using fitteds and wool for her naps to hopefully get round the side sleeping issue but less sure about other times during the day. All our day nappies are pockets / AI2 and I'm reluctant to give them up, plus she's starting nursery soon and I have a stash of BGs and similar lined up as nursery-friendly options (and definitely not sending wool to nursery!).

Has anyone got any tips to rescue the situation? Our nappies have always been so good, I'm not used to having to go through several outfits a day!

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Aggh rolling!

Postby anothersquish » Sat May 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Quite often at this point you can solve leg leakage by snapping the rise down again on OS nappies. If shes on the lowest rise already try putting them on one larger instead (hit and miss!).
Its something IME they grow out of again, I certainly found I was changing brands/styles around a lot because at different points different styles/shapes suited him better. I'd certainly grab some fitteds and wool (or send PUL covers for nursery) for nap times as this will certainly solve any leakage issues.

My avatar
TheWaterHorse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby TheWaterHorse » Mon May 16, 2011 8:49 am

Thanks, I'll try playing around with the rise. I was getting ready to move her up a rise level anyway as she's got chunky thighs but fairly slim waist - not sure if this will help side leaks, but I'll experiment. Luckily we have quite a few different brands to play with as well.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Mon May 16, 2011 8:54 am

If you do need to go into fitteds you can get 10 bamboo little lambs for roughly £50 brand new from ebay. Im on my phone atm so cant post you a link but they are fab

My avatar
TheWaterHorse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby TheWaterHorse » Tue May 17, 2011 12:31 pm

red_dwarf wrote:If you do need to go into fitteds you can get 10 bamboo little lambs for roughly £50 brand new from ebay. Im on my phone atm so cant post you a link but they are fab

Thanks but I've got a pile of stretchies and bumbles to use. No more leaks so far (fingers crossed)!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue May 17, 2011 8:00 pm

I found this happened to us when DS got mobile and was between sizes.
His shaped changed and for a while the nappies didn't contain as much as they did - especially for those explosive poops!
But it did settle down, once he grew a bit more to fit in the next size up properly.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat