hf1

Considered donating your old cloth nappies to charity?

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Considered donating your old cloth nappies to charity?

Postby Rufies mama » Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 am

I just wondered if any of you have seen this? Its an orphanage in need of second hand (but with life left in them) washable nappies along with a few other bits. Just make sure that you put 'Second Hand Goods, NO Commercial Value - For Orphanage Use Only' on your packet otherwise they will get charged huge customs fees.
Last edited by Velvetsteph on Mon May 16, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: link removed as a potential scam see post further down...

My avatar
emica30
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Considered donating your old cloth nappies to charity?

Postby emica30 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:35 am

What a lovely idea - I will definitely bear that in mind when I need to pass my nappies on.

Emma :hug:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon May 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks for that. I have some to pass on. I contacted a different orphanage but never heard back from them.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Mon May 16, 2011 2:52 pm

:wave: Heres the actual website- http://www.foreverangels.org/index.php? ... hList&dir=

Note washable nappies is no longer on the list :wink:

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Mon May 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Lovely idea, i have some nappies that i am going to give to a lady i know in Suffolk who raises money for a maternity hospital in Sierra Leone, she just sent over 10 hospital beds and a couple of fridges to store drugs, she goes over twice a year with suitcases of stuff for the mums, and she is going to take over some nappies this time.

My avatar
Nicola2911
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Nicola2911 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:37 am

Has anyone had recent experience of this? I'd like to find a local charities that will take used nappies and find them a good home, but have struggled to find anywhere near to me - food banks will take donations of disposables but I guess cloth nappies are too inconvenient for a lot of people. Some charities I've found either don't need donations right now or need me to post them abroad.
Any thoughts appreciated!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:56 pm

Nicola2911 wrote:Has anyone had recent experience of this? I'd like to find a local charities that will take used nappies and find them a good home, but have struggled to find anywhere near to me - food banks will take donations of disposables but I guess cloth nappies are too inconvenient for a lot of people. Some charities I've found either don't need donations right now or need me to post them abroad.
Any thoughts appreciated!

Hi @Nicola2911 it is really tricky, we tried very hard to find someone to work with as loved the idea of used nappies being useful in parts of the word that have so little. We kept coming up with the issue of the costs of postage, the money it would cost to send stuff to for example Africa would probably pay someone local there to run some up. Very tricky and would love to hear if anyone else has found some good answers!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat