Loving buying them not using them

My avatar
alamaya
Clothie
Clothie

Loving buying them not using them

Postby alamaya » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:13 am

Hi All,

Got absolutely loads of cloth nappies. Became obsessed when pregnant really think there are some beautiful nappies out there.

Heres the problem i am not enjoying using them. They seem bulky, faffy and tbh really want to just use sposies for ease.

Already feeling bad about thinking the above as i couldnt breastfeed so formula feeding and if i go to sposies its like i have not done anything the way i set out to.

Also would i get much money for nappies used once/brand new.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Loving buying them not using them

Postby rachymoo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:20 am

What ones do you have? Some are easier to use than others. Maybe if you just stick with simple ones like pockets/AIOs etc? What is it about them that seems faffy? If it's having to use a wrap/cover - as above, try just pockets/AIOs? These arent always as reliable but some people get on great with them. Or if it's poppers - stick to aplix? Loads of people love Teenyfits and Easyfits, they are great and probably the closest to a disposable (also try Bumgenius etc).

As for the bulkiness - you are never going to find a cloth nappy as slim as a disposable but some come close (again, I recommend Easyfits - also Itti Bitti D'lish are brilliant and SO slim fitting under clothes). To be honest though most people grow to love the 'big bum' look - I did :giggle:

I would say dont give up yet - give them another go. If you really hate them though then dont use them just because you feel you should. You should be able to sell them on the classifieds on here, if you say they are almost new then you should get a good price for them.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:28 am

Hun, I think lots of people feel that at one stage or another especially when your LO is so young. I Didn t start with dd1 till she was 2 months old, then from newborn with dd2 when I knew what to expect was already in a routine with nappies as dd1 was potty training so I d gone from washing nappies to wet knickers! Lol!

Instead of giving up and selling everything just now maybe just have a break or use half and half.
Which bit are u finding most faffy? There is no getting away from the fact that the nappies are more bulky unless u get ultra trim ones.

Don t beat yourself up about it at all, u have a tiny baby to enjoy. Perhaps just give yourself some time.
Xxxxx

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:52 pm

when i had my son i had bought some tots bots bamboozles old style and wraps and didn't really get on with them, then a friend of mine suggested Bumgenius pocket nappies so gave them a go. The best thing I did. I then started buying lots of other makes and styles to try. Some I didn't get on with, so sold them on and some loved them. My son is in mainly Bumgenius BTP pockets in the day and tots bots bamboozle stretch with a nature babies wrap for night time.

My daughter has various nappies that suit her, and depending on my mood for the day I use a mixture of tots bots easyfits, bumgenius pockets and aio's and also a couple of ebay cheapies tho not my fave. Also for her, I use fitteds which are bamboo little lambs and some tots bots bamboozle stretch and I've also made some out of bamboo too. I would never go back to disposables now. I have bought some tots bots teenyfits for my little one due in 5 weeks time. Wow 3 in nappies as I don't think my son will be potty trained by then!

I'd say try a few different types to see what suits you and your baby best. Try preloved ones as they're cheaper and if you like them, perhaps buy new... You'll be able to sell your used once/new ones I'm sure either on here or ebay. (although ebay only allows you to sell new).

HTH

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:53 pm

does my bum look big in this....? ......errr yeah :giggle:

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Like others have said, see if there is one brands that suits you and you baby better. Maybe stop using them for a couple of weeks and try again. You'll get some money back but not the full price you paid for them.

And all together "I like big butts and I cannot lie" :wink:

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:04 pm

Pinchette wrote:
And all together "I like big butts and I cannot lie" :wink:

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
zoeyboo