hf1

A bad day for me and cloth!

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

A bad day for me and cloth!

Postby weebee » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 pm

I don't know what I'm doing with my nappies today but Rory's have leaked 3 times! I wasn't surprised by the 1st as it was a swaddlebee and I hadn't stuffed it much, thinking he wouldn't sleep long and he surprised me with a long lie so out pee'd it. The 2nd was more surprising- a teenyfit that he wee'd out the back of? And the 3rd was a Rumparooz that he leaked out the side of. I guess I must not have secured that one tight enough around the legs. And goodness knows what was up with my fitting of the teenyfit! I wouldn't have minded so much but it was baby massage morning and it's great for promoting cloth but a leaky nappy doesn't impress anyone!

Let's hope tomorrow is a more contained day!!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: A bad day for me and cloth!

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:21 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

How old is Rory? Must admit leaking up the back is a new one for me.

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:28 pm

He's 6 weeks today and only 7lb so a lot of the nappies aren't a great fit yet. The teeniefit should have been ok though! Maybe the wee came out the side while he was BF and leaked up?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:33 pm

I'd say it's a fit issue alright. Most nappies say from 8lbs & dd was 10 before the little lambs fitted. As for the teenyfit, maybe it was the direction of his spray as well (if you get my meaning :wink: ). If was pointing sideways & towards up it might have sprayed out the back :giggle:

My mam used terries on all of us & I can remember her making sure everything was pointing downwards with my brother before pinning coz otherwise she got leaks :giggle:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:58 pm

:hug: I have days like this too :roll:
I usually try to get Erin in a fitted + wrap combo for her midday nap, as these can last anywhere from 1 to 3hrs! :shock:
Poor old pockets just can't cope with a 3hr nap :roll:
Her thighs are also starting to get too chubby for the popper setting we've been been using on her pockets, so I tried a looser setting yesterday afternoon... with leaky results :|
She either needs to chub out a bit more... or start walking and slim down a bit :giggle:

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:06 pm

It'll be a wee while before Rory is walking and the fit of nappies changes due to that! I'd love him to chub out a bit for now!! He's not got any bum or meat on his thighs- the cloth is the only thing that gives him shape.

For now he's back in a prefold with a thirsties wrap as that has so far been bomb proof- even for my boy and his untamable hose! He's in his 4th outfit of the day and I don't want to haver to change him again before this evening.

Eeek- just heard a wee bomb exploding so bext go sort that out!

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:13 pm

Id stick with your prefolds/flats and wraps for a while longer! TBH I dont rate teenyfits anyway as I dont think they have enough absorbency (same with BG AIO XS and the like) plus the fit can be hit and miss with the little ones.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:13 pm

Are you tri folding the prefolds?? I keep trying with Darcie becuase i love prefolds but everytime i put her in one tri folded with a small thirsties wrap she pee's out the side of the wrap...so i know its a fit issue as the prefold is pretty much dry...I think when she :bf: and is laying on her side it just rolls out...dont know how to stop that happening really...if i nippa it then it lasts about half hour before it needs changing! :roll:

ETA she is 18 weeks but has noodle legs still...

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Id stick with your prefolds/flats and wraps for a while longer! TBH I dont rate teenyfits anyway as I dont think they have enough absorbency (same with BG AIO XS and the like) plus the fit can be hit and miss with the little ones.

I think you're right about sticking with prefolds for just now but other nappies are much prettier and had been going ok until today- don't know what happened?!? The BG XS AIO is my favourite! It's not super pretty but fits beautifully. He's also fitting in his Ittis :-)

megansmummy wrote:Are you tri folding the prefolds?? I keep trying with Darcie becuase i love prefolds but everytime i put her in one tri folded with a small thirsties wrap she pee's out the side of the wrap...so i know its a fit issue as the prefold is pretty much dry...I think when she :bf: and is laying on her side it just rolls out...dont know how to stop that happening really...if i nippa it then it lasts about half hour before it needs changing! :roll:

ETA she is 18 weeks but has noodle legs still...

I've been using a cross between a trifold and angel wings with a nippa fastening and am using a size 1 thirsties duo wrap which is fab fab fab as it catches things round the sides! We also use a straight trifold in a flip or weehugger wrap and that is also fine. Muslins are also good for us in a Jo fold.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat