hf1

Need to get Finn into night time cloth - recommendations?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Need to get Finn into night time cloth - recommendations?

Postby Amanda » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:25 pm

Finn's in eco-sposies at night as I haven't been brave enough to go through the trial and error of night nappies, but I really think it's time to take the plunge. Any suggestions? Connor wasn't in cloth at night til he was quite a bit older, so I don't have any experience, or nappies that I can try.

He's quite long and skinny, and seems to wee alot! Some nights he'll only wake for one feed, sometimes two, but I'd like to avoid nappy changes if possible! Minkis work well for Connor, but as a rule two-parts work better for both of them...

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Need to get Finn into night time cloth - recommendations?

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:28 pm

Our 2 part night nappies are Bumhuggers and Night Notions - both do a great job. Nippad quick flips could be a good option too to get a good close fit. In saying that, I prefered the Greenkids Anytimes used overnight with their double bamboo insert and a bamboo booster, Evie just got too long for them a few months ago, but they were sooooo reliable, never ever had a leak.

Good luck and fc it goes well - Sadie xx

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:31 pm

We are still using bumbles on Zac at night. We started using them at 3 months and with minor stuffing alterations they still work really well. With the included 3 layer terry booster I put in a folded 40 cm bamboo terry and a 3 layer hemp fleece booster. Even when he was waking twice a night this combo lasted fine. We now use wool at night but I did have him in medium ME airflows at night when he was Finn's age.

If funds had allowed I probably would have got some medium Weenotions Night Notions too as Lockie's one is really good.

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:43 pm

i just use my mommy's touch aio btp with an extra microfibre booster. no leaks on dd3 or ds3 overnight, without the extra booster there was a little bit of wicking around legs in morning. but nothing major,

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:17 pm

love my quick flips (nippa) Boo wore them from about 4 months (mediums, tho i think the sizing has changed now, but for nights i'd buy bigger anyway as the bulk doesn't really matter, and you can nippa them smaller), he is also long and skinny with scrawny legs. nippa is much better for skinny legs as you can pull the front higher to make the leg holes smaller, skinny legs seem to be a problem for many night nappies.
slimki minki is very very good too. Boo has had a large which he wore from 5 months old and still wears it now (it my babysitter / emergency night one as i usually avoid pul)

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:30 am

On Dafydd i use nightnotions and wool or slinki minki's. He sleeps right through and have had no leaks with either.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 am

At 4 months dd was in large bamboo sandys with a trifold (any one i could find at the time) pocket insert, they worked really well and we still use them at night somtimes.
Now dd wears night notions under wool or a minki pocket and the sandys are used as a kind of back if we have to change her in the night at all (but thats quite rare now).

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:08 am

we are using either Swaddlebees OV onesize with all the extra boosting or Bamboo Baby Beehinds, with the long booster, not yet needing the small one as well. These are working well for us. I haven't been changing his bum since probably the first week - because he never poos in the night and I was getting up every hour in those first few weeks that the prospect of getting out of bed and going and changing him was just too much for me at the time and it has been working ever since. Considering he has between 3 and 4 feeds a night, these are very wet by morning but never leak (except the other night when I didn't point his little winkle down!)

Much different to Charlotte as she pooed all day and all night.

For Charlotte we still use Stuffies and Night Notions but don't want to buy anything new for Ben at night until he is bigger.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:36 am

Annette wrote:we are using either Swaddlebees OV onesize with all the extra boosting or Bamboo Baby Beehinds, with the long booster, not yet needing the small one as well. These are working well for us. I haven't been changing his bum since probably the first week - because he never poos in the night and I was getting up every hour in those first few weeks that the prospect of getting out of bed and going and changing him was just too much for me at the time and it has been working ever since. Considering he has between 3 and 4 feeds a night, these are very wet by morning but never leak (except the other night when I didn't point his little winkle down!)

Oh I forgot about the Baby Beehinds. They're the ones we get free from the council (must remember to claim!), so might try Connor's on him. Although it's gone quite stiff from hard water and no tumble dryer. It's ok on Connor but think it might be a bit uncomfortable on Finn. Finn very rarely poos at night so I don't change him. Good to hear it lasts a few feeds though, as more often than not he has two good feeds a night.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat