hf1

What do you use to dry baby's bum?

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

What do you use to dry baby's bum?

Postby Mungo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:25 pm

At the mo I'm using disposable wipes and then patting his bum dry with a bit of loo roll... Not ideal as it 'sheds' and he ends up with little flecks of paper on his bottom. What does everyone else use? I guess if I switch to washable wipes I could just use a dry one of those?

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What do you use to dry baby's bum?

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:30 pm

I dont use anything tbh. I use washable wipes, but only damp so by the time I have sorted the nappy out his bum is practially dry anyway. And even if it isnt, I figure the nappy going on his bum will soak up any excess moisture seen as thats what they are designed to do :wink:

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:32 pm

I use muslin squares to dry DD's bottom. If we don't she comes up in the most horrendous rash

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:37 pm

red_dwarf wrote:I dont use anything tbh. I use washable wipes, but only damp so by the time I have sorted the nappy out his bum is practially dry anyway. And even if it isnt, I figure the nappy going on his bum will soak up any excess moisture seen as thats what they are designed to do :wink:

WSS^^

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:41 pm

indigosky2k wrote:
red_dwarf wrote:I dont use anything tbh. I use washable wipes, but only damp so by the time I have sorted the nappy out his bum is practially dry anyway. And even if it isnt, I figure the nappy going on his bum will soak up any excess moisture seen as thats what they are designed to do :wink:

WSS^^

same here :)

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Fresh air mostly!
Like Red Dwarf, I also use washable wipes, so they're just damp rather than sopping wet. This has the advantage in that it doesn't take Erin's botty & co very much time to dry at all.
And besides, she likes having her nappy off for 5 mins or so :D

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Wet resuable wipes to wash her bum and then a dry one to dry her with, and some air time if possible. Never had nappy rash yet. By the way, I have the resuable wipes which are terry on one side and fleece on the other, can't remember the brand but they're awesome - the terry side grips the poo or and when you're using a dry one to dry the bum, the fleece is very soft.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:56 pm

a washable wipe izzy gets sore bits it i dont

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:07 pm

We use a spray bottle to wet DD's botty with water, then wipe clean with a dry wipe (or 2 or 3), so by the time she's clean, she is dry as well.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat