Help me destash! im being a wuss

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Help me destash! im being a wuss

Postby littlesez » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Ok so I am moving house soon. I am on a major declutter. Izzy is fully potty trained in the day and has been for months. She decided day to day whether she wants night nappy on so I think i need to keep those (7) just incase. I can manage on 3 or 4 but she might go back into them every night so just be safe..

OK so what to do!!! I am nto TTC or even thinking about it. I keep thinking of reasons to keep each nappy, I have about 30 i think. So My little lambs are on last legs so will prob freecycle BUT why have i not already :shock: They were izzys first nappies probably and my first venture into the wonderful world of cloth. I don't need to keep them do i?

Then there are my fancy fitteds. I want to keep them because they were mostly cutom dyed ones. Thats a good enough reason right? They wont be used for about 2/3 years though because mostly larges. argghh

Ok I have some raven tree nappies one size so makes sense to keep them right plus they are not being made any more :( and 2 large night nappies too do i need those?

Pockets My nappy fairy WN gotta keep that right? ,custom upsy daisy so wont find that again. Then i have 3 or 4 aplix pockets but both nannas have arthritis and struggle with poppers so would i be able to get hold of aplix nappies ok in a few years

SORRY! I know this is long

LE ittis should stay right? :giggle: coz they are LE

LLS wool interlock covers they are too special gotta keep those yeh? nappy fairy woolies same.

see how i have lots of excuses...HELP WWYK (what would you keep) :hohoho:

wow that was long and boring sorry :oops: but i really need help of how get my head around they are JUST nappies :roll:
Last edited by littlesez on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Help me destash!

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Any mediums or one sizes you want to 'loan' me until you have number 2/Mira stops using them? ;)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help me destash!

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Sorry I can't help - I've been in the same dilemma!!!
My general rule for other things in the house is... If you haven't used for over a year and won't for another year then get rid - but that sooo will never apply to nappies! *wink wink*

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Help me destash! im being a wuss

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:51 pm

:giggle: :giggle:
Be ruthless and think of the fun you will have rebuilding a new stash when the time comes :wink:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Ok but that rule would mean get rid of it all ! :shock: I cant do that :hohoho: help me choooooose :lol:

The thing that bothers me is i want to save money on the next baby iykwim and not have to get a FULL stash arghhh I dunno :roll: anyone irritated yet, im annoying myself here!

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:55 pm

KEEP THEM and then if I ever manage to get pregnant, I can buy them from you :giggle:

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Kirstyh wrote::giggle: :giggle:
Be ruthless and think of the fun you will have rebuilding a new stash when the time comes :wink:

I was thinking just this :wink:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:48 pm

littlesez wrote:Ok but that rule would mean get rid of it all ! :shock: I cant do that :hohoho: help me choooooose :lol:

The thing that bothers me is i want to save money on the next baby iykwim and not have to get a FULL stash arghhh I dunno :roll: anyone irritated yet, im annoying myself here!

Keep anything that you really love, even if it's girly and you might have a boy, cross that bridge when you come to it. You'd regret getting rid of your favourite girly nappies if you have another girl ;) Keep your LL's if you think they will do as back-ups in the early day's, you can never have to many nappies for a newborn ;) It is fab to know you're using nappies for a second or even third or forth time :)

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:56 pm

I was ruthless and sold the lot, thinking i wont be having another baby for a long while yet and they take up so much space, and means lots of fun building a new stash when the time comes, AND there was the thought selling all that fluff fills my PP balance up nicely for new things for the new flat, wahm clothes etc etc x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat