hf1

HELP! fraying cotton outer on WNN :(

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

HELP! fraying cotton outer on WNN :(

Postby shoogah01 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:58 pm

We have had this nappy for a long time but have hardly used it because of DD's polyester allergy but I have just noticed that on the tabs where the snaps are the edges are frayed and has holes around :cry:

ImageImageImage

does anyone know why this might be happening? I have never had a problem like this before and all of our other cotton outer nappies are still fine :-?

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: HELP! fraying cotton outer on WNN :(

Postby bekhi1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:40 pm

at a guess I would say its either moth nibbles or its been caught on something, I'm no expert though. Hopefully someone else will have a better answer for you. xx

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Looks like a naughty moth has been at it to me! :(

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:17 pm

argh!!! I hate moths :evil: I have never seen anything like it before it's just the edges on the snap tabs

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Looks like a moth to me too I'm afraid, I had the same thing happen to a t shirt. You could try getting some cedar wood moth balls and pop them wherever you keep your nappies and hopefully this won't happen again.x

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:03 pm

babiesgalore+1more wrote:Looks like a moth to me too I'm afraid, I had the same thing happen to a t shirt. You could try getting some cedar wood moth balls and pop them wherever you keep your nappies and hopefully this won't happen again.x

I will definitely be getting some of those since this is the plainest nappy in our stash :( I would hate to think of a moth getting to the rest of them :nono: :gaah:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat