hf1

Should I sell?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Should I sell?

Postby mabo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:44 am

Since DH has put a nappy-buying-ban on me I've considered whether I should sell my daypack of rainbow bamboozles in order to get some other fitteds? I tend not to use them too much these days as I always pick my other prettier ones, but am so reluctant to sell them as they were my first nappy purchase!

Now that WN are doing bamboo NL I'm thinking that these would be just as good as the bamboozles but prettier :lol:

What would you do?

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Should I sell?

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:54 am

I'm not sure really, like you i've still got the first tots bots and motherease nappies i ever bought. I have found that when ds (and now dd) went through a growth spurt and did'nt fit the other nappies properly for any reason the boring ones always did and were great for back up.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:01 am

I've sold all my plain nappies as I just don't use them. I'd much rather have the funds to buy pretty new ones. :twisted: :D

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:25 pm

Depends, I would probably hold onto them, but then if it meant you could get new prettier nappies :wink:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:39 pm

I would probably sell some and keep some for backup. I did this with my prefolds and they've been a lifesaver on occasion....

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:00 pm

There's no point keeping them if you are never going to use them again. Plus you get new stash :coolbaby:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:29 pm

sell them. heres why:
1. They aren't great on absorbancy anyway
2. If they are velcro then as soon as the little un figures out how to rip it open you will be having poo everywhere (trust me, I know! :roll: :wink: )
3. The colours fade somewhat
4. They don't stay as fluffy as they are new for very long
5. If you sell and get funds you can have a small guilt free shopping spree
6. If you don't reach for them then they are taking up space you could have better nappies in!
7. You will get a better price for them the newer they are

does that help??

jan x

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:27 am

This one is so hard. I've got a shelf full of nappies that I don't use any more or that Mimi has grown out of. I just can't bring myself to sell them. I'll have to do it when we next move though, no point carrying them around the world with us. If you'll be moving soon maybe you should sell them?

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Sell them and buy new nappies - Buying is half the fun :-)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat